Home edge problem

Hello!

My problem is that my home is apparently not sealed at the lower edge. Bugs crawling up the outside wall can climb in across the top of the concrete block and into my nice clean home.

My plan is for this summer. My intention is to apply foam fill along the outside of the house to fill up cavities along the sill on the inside, This is to be followed up by screwing a length of plywood into whatever wood is behind the foam insulation on the plywood sheathing of the house. A dash of calk for some weatherproofing and I hope all this poses some barrier to the bugs.

Work on the inside is unknown as of yet. The previous owners have a finished basement, and to get at the inside will require some disassembly of the ceiling.

Any Suggestions.?

Reply to
Dan

I did a similar project to keep mice from coming into my place. Your plan sounds good since I did something similar. In short: Fill up with foam the put plywood over that. You should consider using treated plywood if it will be continuosly exposed to the elements.

What I did was put a bead of white caulk around the entire edge of the plywood. That way if any bugs are getting in it can be easily seen.

Reply to
Lawrence