Home design software?

I'm looking for some inexpensive software so I can design a detached garage with bonus room to my specs to give to a builder. Hopefully the output from such software can be good enough for a good builder to use without needing "official" blueprints (whatever that means)? What is recommended that I can find on ebay fairly inexpensively?

Reply to
jeffc226

Jeff,

I looked at a lot of expensive options before I bought this item on ebay last month for about $25.

Several sellers are selling it. This one happed to have the best combination of price and shipping when I bought. I did and do give positive feedback to this seller. I had the software in 5 days with a

I don't much care for the 3D part yet. It is always going to be limited by the size of the library that comes with it. Basic kitchen and bath fixtures are included. There is a limited amount of furniture.

The 2D works a lot differently from a 15 year old CAD program I used before. Maybe there was just a bigger learning curve for me and my old ways. I actually have not had time to really play with it yet.

The program comes with a full assortment of standard size doors and windows. This particular program does not include a plumbing blueprint. If all you want to do is draw a floorplan and get an estimated materials list it will do the job. It will even let you update the prices to get a total material cost.

If I did my research correctly this software was a forerunner to one of the big names.

Post back with questions if you like.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt