Home Depot Warning

Page 4 of 4
SteveB wrote:

TDD

There are three religious truths: 1. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah. 2. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith. 3. Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store or at Hooters
SteveB wrote:

Don't fall into the parochial trap. It's easy to hold to a "universal" set of beliefs when 5,000 people are singing from the same page in the hymnal.
There are more Catholics in Mexico City than Baptists who have ever lived.
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The "Chosen" are not practitioners of the one, true faith. They were "chosen" to follow the commandments, not a particular set of beliefs (there is no "belief" test in Judiasm - you can be an athiest and still be a good Jew). The official Jewish position is that Christianity (in all its forms), is meritorious.
There is some ambivalence, however, about Democrats.
HeyBub wrote:

All I know is that I have no fear of terrorists. As a small boy I had Irish nuns for teachers. Nothing can scare me or traumatize me after what I went through a half century ago. Besides I come from a multi species family. One side of the clan is Roman Catholic, Jew and space alien, the other side of the family is Southern Baptist, Southern Methodist, Druids and an odd bunch who worship some kind of fungus that glows in the dark. For that reason I have a right to pick on anybody because they are all my cousins.
TDD
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:59:15 -0600, The Daring Dufas

BUT, do you have lurking Confederates in the bushes?
Oren wrote:

It's possible but my Southern Republican ancestors were abolitionists. When I explain that the Republicans were anti-slavery to my melanin enabled friends, they can't believe it because it runs counter to the crap they've been exposed to all their lives.
TDD
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:45:35 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Yeah, hard to explain how Yankees ever got into Georgia.
Oren wrote:

I think them damn Yankees marched in and set the place on fire.
TDD
I get that from my father, the editor. Who is not Mormon. Please don't draw "all Mormon" conclusions from a sample of one. Like I wouln't draw conclusions about "all computer owners" from some of the usenet lists.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Chris, I only pick on the beliefs of friends and family. Can I pick on you? I have Catholic, Jew, Southern Baptist, Southern Methodist, Druid and space aliens family members. I have a lot of Muslim friends but I only tease them when they're not holding long knives and hand grenades. I don't know what buttons to push in order to annoy Mormons. Perhaps you could help me. For instance, do people ask you how many wives you have and does this irritate you?
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

In my experience, it's almost impossible to irritate a Mormon. They're content to just keep on doing their thing: canning beets and riding bicycles.
Oddly enough, the CIA loves to recruit Mormons: Mormons don't drink, smoke, gamble, use drugs, or have any other really bad habits. They're usually quite fit and most already have foreign language skills as a consequence of their missionary work.
HeyBub wrote:

undercover work? You obviously haven't met the Mormons who pose as Baptists or Norwegians :o)
what's scary about it? I could care less if HD's computers are infected. Also, i don't believe ANYTHING McAfee OR Norton say.
<HD Shopper> wrote in message

On Nov 25, 8:57am, HD Shopper wrote:

just pay cash goddamit
HD Shopper wrote:

How do you know it wasn't a simulated virus screen saver?
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ?
"HD Shopper" wrote in message

You're familiar with that look?
Never have sex with your dog. They'll never look at you the same.

Did I ever mention that in college I majored in animal husbandry until they caught me at it one day?
Kurt (With apologies to Tom Lehrer) Ullman
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 05:57:08 -0800, HD Shopper wrote:

Most employees dont care or dont understand. There business is selling you home improvement not keeping a windows box clean. The majority of boxes infected are used to shuttle spam, DOS attacks, Cracking other systems or boxes.
If your going to run a windows box then you might as well be prepared to spend ALOT of money on keeping it safe.
Most companies at the retail level dont bother. As long as the box does what its suppose to do they dont care.
The average windows box uses 30 % of its resources for virus related software alone. Not to mention that your anti-virus software comes complete with adware built in!
If you are upset about this then you should be investigating alternatives like Linux. Microsoft spends alot of time and effort spreading FUD about linux. But in my many years of experience I find it to be a true alternative to windows. I no longer run any windows boxes at home. I have saved ALOT of money and headaches.
Patriot wrote:

I've always considered Linux the equivalent of a blow-up doll; I guess it's better than nothing, but it is certainly not the real thing (which, for some, is not a minus).
And, after many years of giving the sucker away for free, Linux has yet to achieve 1% of the installed desktop market.