Home Depot Warning

Page 1 of 4
Went shopping at my local Home Depot the other day. Browsing through the kitchen cabinet section I see one of the computers that the HD people use to write your order. It has a big warning on the screen from Mcafee Anti Virus Software that the system is infected with spyware. Told one of the HD customer service reps about it, they looked at me like I tried to have sexual relations with their dog. Went out to the car to get my cell phone and take a picture and when I came back the offending system was turned off. Just makes you wonder how those computers are tied into the computers up front that take your money when you buy something. Very scary!
Add pictures here
✖
HD Shopper wrote:

Who you gonna believe?
HD or McCaffee..... don't tell me. Let me think...
Add pictures here
✖
You worry too much. You better go home and check the radon output of your granite kitchen counters. Careful now don't stand too close to the microwave oven it will make you sterile and give you breast cancer. You have a cell phone? Hell don't hold it too close to your head you'll get brain cancer.
cm
<HD Shopper> wrote in message

Add pictures here
✖
On Tue 25 Nov 2008 07:02:37a, cm told us...

Too late. Their brain has already rotted through!
--
Wayne Boatwright
✖
cm wrote:

I always wondered why if microwaves make you sterile why they don't use them for birth control. (directions, stand in front of the microwave for 5 minutes before sex)
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ? ¥
✖

Tried it. Didn't work. The rash is almost gone, but gets aggravated by humid conditions. Little Bubba turns two this week. He's doing pretty okay with the special teacher.
Steve ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
HD Shopper wrote:

Got you beat... Did you know the teller line at your local TD Banknorth has internet access? they do and they surf with IE too.. makes me want to pull my accounts. these are the same computers they are using for your accounts...
Clark...
--
Don\'t you have Google in your part of the world?

Add pictures here
✖

i pulled goddamn money from all my bank accounts about 6 months ago; keep it in a safe at home
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 25, 12:45 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Give me your address. I want to store some cash in your safe. Leave it open. I'll be right over.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 25, 8:57 am, HD Shopper wrote:

Well, I also have had that same exact warning on my screen. IT'S A SCAM. I'd be willing to bet a paycheck that the warning and scanning of your computer by McAfee is all a scam just so you'll renew your subscription. I bought their subscription when I first bought my PC almost 1.5 years ago. When it ran out and I didn't renew their subscription I got daily virus warnings, "do you want to resubscribe" etc., etc., etc., etc., unending attempts to get me to subscribe again.
I got so sick of their warnings (which is exactly what they intended to do ) I re-subscribed for one year for $75.00. Just to get their daily warnings off my screen!!!!
So I go through all that, McAfee rescans my computer and notices that my firewall is no longer up to date. So I go to download the latest and what do you know??? The upgrade is no longer available, in order to get it, I have to spend another $67 to get this updated firewall. I didn't pay it. I got so sick I just left the computer.
What you saw in Home Depot was just a daily fake, scam, annoyance, by McAfee to get the user of that computer to spend money.
Did you notice that McAfee is one of the few things you CAN'T DELETE from Windows?
Add pictures here
✖
smk17 wrote:

You can remove any of that nonsense. One way is to use The PC Decrapifier.
http://www.pcdecrapifier.com /
TDD
Add pictures here
✖

✖

You can delete it but it is a PITA. I had it for a few months on new computer then subscribed to Comcast where it is free. When the old copy expired, I had problem you described as old did not realize there was new. Went on line with McAfee to find how to correct and had to delete everything and start from scratch.
I put free Avast on wife's computer as it is far less a memory hog than McAfee.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:04:24 -0800 (PST), Frank

Add pictures here
✖

I found McAfee a hog as well. Been running Avast! and PC Tools Firewall Plus for some time and quite happy with them. Both free.
Add pictures here
✖

re: Did you notice that McAfee is one of the few things you CAN'T DELETE from Windows?
Since you put that in all caps, I'm going to assume that you really believe that.
I'll avoid all the possible things I could say and just say this:
Go here:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/McAfee-Consumer-Product-Removal-Tool.shtml
or
DAGS remove mcafee
or
DAGS delete mcafee
or
DAGS uninstall mcafee
or...I could go on all day.
Add pictures here
✖

bastards !
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 25, 12:47 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Lol, I guess I should have said that I am a 99.6% Mac user but I do have that Windows machine in my home office as well. A lot of good suggestions on how to get rid of McAfee, thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 25, 3:43 pm, Wayne Boatwright

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-adware-spyware-scumware-remover.htm
Also if you are running Windows XP you can get a free version of Spyware Doctor that is even better than SAS.
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/google_pack /
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue 25 Nov 2008 02:23:31p, Ron told us...

Thanks, Ron!
--
Wayne Boatwright
✖