Home Depot, Walmart, and Lowes

I shop at any place I can get a good deal, yet I've discovered that Home Depot sells items online not available in stores. When I inquired about having the item shipped to the local Home Depot I was told the shipping would be $48 (44% of the item's value). I asked the Service Department to honor free shipping to local stores like WalMart and Lowes provides, but they stated that the online store is not affiliated with their store, as if it is another company. I guess HD does not match Lowes deals.

Reply to
Phisherman

Nor can they figure out the math to consolidate shipping. It's funny how the stores are able to get inventory to sell without buying them one at a time, yet HD online can't manage to get the items out to the stores without doing exactly that. Can't they afford any warehouses and a delivery truck or two?

Actually the math is probably that HD online doesn't do enough business. And they never will until they deal with the shipping issue as other online store chains seem to be able to do.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

The other day I saw HD selling online a Moen rough-in shower control valve for $800 more than anyone else, obviously an error. I wrote a wrote a note and the reply was that HD would not match competitor prices.

Fair enough. I bought my valve elsewhere.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

The test is whether the on-line store charges you state sales tax. If it does, then the online store and your neighborhood outlet are part of the same corporate collection.

That's why Border's online charges sales tax for books and Amazon doesn't.

Reply to
HeyBub

Like the time at one parts house, they wanted $20.40 for a five pack of blade fuses, like you use in the car. Or on a furnace circuit board. I gently declined, and went to the auto parts down the road, got a five pack for $1.99.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon