Home Depot Sucks

Page 1 of 3
I hope I'm not breaking the rules of this group, but I'm working on a new website called www.homedeephell.com which is newly opened and I was hoping on getting some Home Depot horror stories from people in this group to get the forum rolling.
You can go to the site and post them, or post them here (let me know if it's ok to copy the story over), and I'll come back and get them (if any?).
Thanks a lot. I know "advertising" is a no-no on Usenet, but this is strictly non-profit and evolved strictly for my desire to share my hate of the big orange hell hole with others who feel the same.
Sam
its a warehouse...prices are ok, plumbing in 1 aisle,elec in another ....what do you want? true the clerks may not have extensive knowledge but the emphasis is price and availability
if you don't know what you are doing you may be better off in a specialty store where they can solve your problem,get your merchandise , and show you how to do it. There is nothing wrong with this, Quite often I do not know what the hell I am doing,and I go to a specialty shop and pay a little more for some sage wisdom. I quote Dirty Harry "man's got to know his limitations"
Rules? We don't got no steenkin rules!
--
Christopher a. Young
Learn more about Jesus

What city are you in that has such a despicable HD?
Here in Phoenix I don't find them to be the cleanest of stores... they use evaporative coolers, but I always find the people helpful... even had one clerk yesterday tell me to go to Lowes ;-)
Why don't you write a letter to corporate management?
BTW, freedom of speech or not, your site will likely get the attention of HD, who will promptly sue you.
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Yeah right. Like the president, Bob Nardelli, a GE reject, really cares.....
Jim Thompson writes:

Here in Palm Beach county, Florida, there are a Lowes and a Home Depot across the SR7 highway from each other. One time when a Lowes clerk couldn't find something for me, he asked if I had "checked our warehouse across the street (wink, wink)."

Truth is a defense to libel. Stick to facts and, if you can afford to litigate it and appeal if necessary, you will likely (but not certainly) win.
That's just one reason "free speech" is a lie.

I don't waste my time typing stories for such sites.
I vote with my feet and wallet.
Barry
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:28:50 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Unforyunately, HD carries a few items that no one else seems to stock or, if they do, they sell it for a ridiculosly high price. For example, HD is the only place that sells Lawn Restore fertilizer in my area except for the nursuries which charge about 30% higher for the stuff.
Rob wrote:

Hi, Always a case of consumer BEWARE. If you got sucked, it's your fault. That's today's logic in business which is terrible but true. HD has some good prices for sure. I never had trouble dealing with HD. Also I have some good trades people I can lean on. Tony
Tony Hwang wrote:

Oh, I know that.
--
Christopher a. Bung
Learn more about Gay Mormon Boys
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:09:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com (Rob) wrote:

So...
You get 30% less price, with 30% more hassle.
Or
You get 30% more price, with 30% less hassle.
I rest my case and stand by my original comment. <G>
Barry
Take your complaints to HD itself. I find all 3 stores in my area are fine, receptive to critique, and workable, if you know the limitations - I tend not to use their installation services, and take their tech advice with a grain of salt, but their choices/prices are good, the places are clean, organized, and efficient. You can always collect stories, but what's the point? Do something that can lead to improvements rather than collect pointless gripes, sitting on the sidelines.
<< I find all 3 stores in my area are fine, receptive to critique, and workable, if you know the limitations ____Reply Separator_____ The only problem I have with the 3 stores in my area are.....they're all laid out differently! I can go to the store up Route 8 from me and go exactly to the area where I know the item I'm looking for is located. Go to the son-in-law's home (about 13 miles from my home), help him with a project, need something, I volunteer to run down to "his" ??? Home Depot. I'm lost, nothing is in the same location as "my" ??? Home Depot.
- I tend not to use their installation services, and take their tech advice with a grain of salt, but their choices/prices are good, the places are clean, organized, and efficient. >> ____Reply Separator_____ Ditto! I do as much renodeling/repair/maintenance as I can. If I do hire someone to do the work I need to have done (mostly electrical) I don't give a rat's @$$ where they get the parts, as long as the price is within reason.
BTW, if all of the posters (excluding me) in this thread were on "Jeopardy", and the question was, "Name two large, national, home improvement/repair/ remodeling/garden centers" They may have got Lowe's correct, but Alex would not have allowed their second answer!

Not from me , I happen to love that big store, even though it is staffed by mere humans. You might find your energies better spent developing your own business to compete with Home Depot and running your place *right * .
If you really don't like Home Depot, why don't you go to Lowes and see how you like them?
You'll save yourself a whole lot of time, effort and worry.
--
Lewis.

http://tinyurl.com/r3r6
Sam writes:

How would you summarize your substantive complaint in one sentence?
Are you old enough to remember before warehouse stores, and what that was typically like?
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:33:24 -0600, Richard J Kinch

He doesn't even need to back that far. For those of you who live in the Northeast, remenber Hechengers. HD is a paradise compared to those clowns. It's no wonder why they went out of business.
This reminds me of a guy that started a website called "Anal*Mart." (You know which store I'm referring about.) They went through the trouble of Photoshopping the name on the store front.
Anyway, Home Depot was named "Best place to work" for computer professionals some years ago. They indeed take care of the workers, maybe better than their customers. It would be be nice if more companies followed their lead. Shareholders are happy.
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:41:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com (Rob) wrote:

Or Grossmans. <G>
Barry