Home Depot sucks

Page 2 of 3
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:11:31 GMT, "nowforsale"
I like that word, "expeditor". -- Oren
Oren wrote:

"expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor", "expeditor".

We are Expeditor. You will be expedited. Resistance is futile.

But I don't want to be expedited.

Resistance is futile.
We are Expeditor. You will be expedited. I must go regenerate.

That is irrelevant. You are irrelevant. You will be expedited.

All your expeditor are us.
nowforsale wrote:

2 more days to go!

It sort of is HD's fault and sort of isn't. When they say they are sending one of "their" people to do something, they are simply sending some contractor who they really don't know that they were able to get in touch with. There's really little more relationship than that. Then they go by feedback. If someone gets a lot of complaints, then they cease to be a "Home Depot" contractor.
jeffc wrote:

My brother had 15 years of experience in building and remodeling before he started working on his own. He went to home cheapo to find out about being a 'contractor' for them. They pay *way* below market rate so the installers they employ are probably below market ability.

Why are you complaining about their skills? They know how to use a tape measure. Evidently, you don't or you would have measured the door yourself. Yes, even people that speak a foreign language can learn to use a tape measure.
Those damned furriners probably use millimeters anyway.
Anthona writes:

"False advertisement" is an illegal trade practice, such as "bait and switch", not what you experienced. You don't sue people for it.
False advertisement is practiced by every car dealer in town. They advertise cars at a certain price that are not really for sale at that price. If you ask, they point to the "stock number" in the advertisement and say it is no longer available.
Richard J Kinch wrote:

A large dealership around here was successfully sued by local DA for exactly that about 10 yrs ago.
The $30 measuring fee is deducted from the bill if you have the work performed.
Stubby wrote:

If you read my original post below:
. I was told by the salesman that they would have to send a measurer to my home and there would be a $30 charge, which would be deducted to the price of the new door, if they do the installation.
Anthona wrote:

Pretty simple, you get what you pay for. There is nothing magical about big box stores. They pay low wages but spend lots on spin telling you how qualified everyone is. HD charged you $30 so they probably paid $15 to the estimator. How professional and wonderful do you expect them to be for that price?
I was looking for a professional man or woman, who

Sue HD for false advertisemnet??? But...but...this is America...All and every advertisement are false...I don't even believe it is illegal... I see false advertisement everywhere on a daily basis...

"puffery" is legal in advertising and sales
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:31:30 GMT, "nowforsale"

What about the common "give and take" language (where one part gives you something and the other part takes much of it back)? I seem to remember Home Depot doing that with "EVERYTHING 25% OFF!!!" and in small print "10% on power tools".

Mark Lloyd

Why didn't you just remove the door and bring it to HD. If you can remove the door you are also capable of putting in the new one. In any case there are only three items that can go wrong - the glass panel, the screen or the latch, all of which are easily DIY replaceable.