home-depot rake, "Ames Comfort Plus, 24". End-grip slipped off.

home-depot rake, "Ames Comfort Plus, 24". End-grip slipped off.

(I mention the brand, name, and model so that someone who has one can examine his own, and determine the best *kind* glue or epoxy.)

hollow plastic tube, maybe 4 inches long, that fits over the

*metal* 4-foot tube that forms the rake's "handle", and makes it easier to grab the rake by the handle, to better *use* the rake.

Question: How to "stick" it back on, *securely*?

Easy, of course, to slip it back on, but has *zero* desire to

*stay* there -- ie, slips right back off again.

I was thinking of some kind of epoxy that can bond-together metal to plastic.

Of, if that turns out impossible, then to slip it on, and drill a hole or two straight through (through metal handle and plastic grip), and bolt it tight.

Thanks!

David

Reply to
David Combs

BARGE Cement. Or some other contact adhesive, but BARGE is my favorite.

And, if it's really loose, try wrapping a few turns of cloth backed adhesive tape or "Bicycle Tape" around the metal part to increase it's diameter first.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Gorilla Glue. Rough up the metal a little first.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner

Just about any caulk would do the job apply a light coat to the metal handle and slide the grip on and let it dry. If you can somehow coat the inside of the grip, that would do a neater job, otherwise, you will have to wipe off the excess after assembly. Contact cement will not be usable for this, since it will not slide once contact is made.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Contact cement will not be usable for this, since

It sure will if you work fast and it's still wet when you ram 'er home as if you were Speedy Gonzales.

Try it and see. :-)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia