Home Depot: On The Way Down Again?

Page 2 of 2
Per Oren:

If the drills and chucks were sold separately as a matter of routine, I might prefer the drill without chuck if I already had some chucks on hand - rather than paying extra for a bundled part that I do not need.
The Echo power units *are* sold separately. I bought one.... that's how I have one. Bought the blower attachment separately.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 6/14/2015 3:56 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Your expectations are too high. In the present world of bar codes and computer inventory, it is just not done. Maybe the corner store can do it, but not the big chains.
At Lowes I recently bought a wireless doorbell. It came with one button, but I wanted three. Nope, have to order the extras on line. Got them from Amazon.
Seriously, there are really fleet and farm stores????
On 6/14/2015 9:33 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

See my comment to Philo.
I've been hitting the one in Rochester, MN of late when we go to visit the kids. Incredible store. You name it, they've got it and a wide selection of brands to boot. Farm & Fleet has a pretty good selection but nothing like Fleet & Farm. Farm & Fleet's like visiting a nice garage sale compared to Fleet & Farm which is more like a mid-range department store with all kinds of "guy goodies"
On 6/14/2015 9:33 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Technically, the one originating in Brainerd, MN is called Mills Fleet Farm. The Mills family initially started out with an auto dealership, and expanded into farm supply, which became a separate business from the dealership. That business eventually grew into a chain operation. http://www.fleetfarm.com/about_us/?selectedSubCategory=ourCompany
The youngest generation Mills kid, who pulls down a half-million plus a year in his nepotism job, recently ran for congress on a anti-tax, anti-government, no handouts to families platform. Which was typically hypocritical, since Fleet Farm insists on getting huge tax breaks from local governments for the privilege of having them open a store in the vicinity. Guess the only entitlements gov't should be handing out are to corporations and the wealthy people who own them.
I ordered a freezer from Lowes online in April. They charged my credit card for the full amount and said it would not be available until the first week of May. I get a call in May that the freezer will be delivered the next day. That next morning, I get a phone call from shipping saying the freezer will not be delivered due to it being crushed/caved in by a fork lift. Lowes tells me it will be a few weeks until a replacement arrives. A few weeks go by and I hear nothing from them. I contact them via e-mail for status, a few days go by, then get a phone call saying the freezer will be delivered on Memorial Day. Freezer delivered on Memorial Day, they only get Thanksgiving and Christmas off, but new replacement freezer has dimples in it in lower rear. I point it out to delivery man. He says it will not affect freezer performance and if I accept it he will have Manager take 10 percent off cost. I agree, since this is going to live in garage, will never see dimple dents, 2 more weeks go by, no credit to my CC, send them another e-mail, 3 more days go by, get acknowledgement of situation, 4 more days go by, receive receipt by US mail for credit, no other documentation.
Call freezer company to get extended warranty. tell them it is new freezer, even though their web site says call them to sign up, help desk says use included paperwork and mail it to them instead. Makes no sense to me.
--

Need new sash locks for 25 year old Andersen narrowline windows.
$12 - $14 on amazon or eBay

up chuck or chuck meat? This ain't Burglar Thing...
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*