Home Depot: On The Way Down Again?

I do Amazon. They have a warehouse 20 miles away and stuff comes fast even with lowest cost shipping. Neighbor that works there said they have about 8 million items in stock there.

Reply to
Frank

I ordered a freezer from Lowes online in April. They charged my credit card for the full amount and said it would not be available until the first week of May. I get a call in May that the freezer will be delivered the next day. That next morning, I get a phone call from shipping saying the freezer will not be delivered due to it being crushed/caved in by a fork lift. Lowes tells me it will be a few weeks until a replacement arrives. A few weeks go by and I hear nothing from them. I contact them via e-mail for status, a few days go by, then get a phone call saying the freezer will be delivered on Memorial Day. Freezer delivered on Memorial Day, they only get Thanksgiving and Christmas off, but new replacement freezer has dimples in it in lower rear. I point it out to delivery man. He says it will not affect freezer performance and if I accept it he will have Manager take 10 percent off cost. I agree, since this is going to live in garage, will never see dimple dents, 2 more weeks go by, no credit to my CC, send them another e-mail, 3 more days go by, get acknowledgement of situation, 4 more days go by, receive receipt by US mail for credit, no other documentation.

Call freezer company to get extended warranty. tell them it is new freezer, even though their web site says call them to sign up, help desk says use included paperwork and mail it to them instead. Makes no sense to me.

Reply to
Paul Marks

You are lucky. I do Amazon a lot and the free shipping takes over a week to ship. Funny how I just ordered 3 books for a total of aboutg $ 35. Two were shipped in 2 days and the third one is suspose to get here today. They were ordered on June 6. That makes it 9 days which seems to be about normal for me from Amazon. They usually wait a week or more to ship and then it takes only 2 or 3 days to get here.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Technically, the one originating in Brainerd, MN is called Mills Fleet Farm. The Mills family initially started out with an auto dealership, and expanded into farm supply, which became a separate business from the dealership. That business eventually grew into a chain operation.

The youngest generation Mills kid, who pulls down a half-million plus a year in his nepotism job, recently ran for congress on a anti-tax, anti-government, no handouts to families platform. Which was typically hypocritical, since Fleet Farm insists on getting huge tax breaks from local governments for the privilege of having them open a store in the vicinity. Guess the only entitlements gov't should be handing out are to corporations and the wealthy people who own them.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

Oren posted for all of us...

up chuck or chuck meat? This ain't Burglar Thing...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Radio Shack had a great webpage that showed how many of each they had (not counting pilferage of course, but they always had what they said they did.)

Microcenter has a great webpage, and suggests you order on line and then drive in, They want 18 minutes to have it ready to go.

I grew up in a town of 50,000, but it's down to 25,000 now. I think besides lunch counters, it had only one restaurant (in the 50's when people din't go out to eat so much) in the Castleton Hotel, the only decent hotel. (There might have been transient hotels. Why do they call it that? People at hotels are usually transients.)

Anyhow, not sure what shopping they have there now. I think the Dairy Queen is still there, and that's important.

Reply to
micky

You're kidding! They're not suing each other over their names?

I know what you mean.

Dallas has a great hardware store. Only had one branch downtown until

20 years ago. I'll get you the name if you want.
Reply to
micky