Home Depot/Lowes appliance repair?

Page 2 of 2
On 1/18/2014 10:28 AM, Norminn wrote:

Two parts to that equation. Yes, part of it is planned obsolescence, but part of it is cheap consumers. We can buy appliances for much less than we could 60 years ago. When we got married in 1966 we bought a 6,000 BTU air conditioner for the bedroom. Now, in 2013 I can buy a lighter more cheaply made AC for about the same dollars.
People can now afford appliances, possibly less reliable, that they could not afford years ago. Good or bad?

Bought one a few months ago. Works well, but given the complexity of it all, I wonder how reliable it really is.
I replaced a 3.5 gallon toilet with a 1.6, replaced an old washer with hi-efficiency, replaced the dishwasher with a new more efficient model. Water bill came today and it is $4 higher than the last one.

I got a 70's in my basement. The condenser is wide open in the back, no fan. It runs almost $100 more a year, but I'm not changing It out.
How much does it cost to get freon removed ? Certified.
Greg

Free. Appliance dealer hauls it away.

Sure. I've used Lowes. They contract it out (to the local gas company, the last time I used them).

What did you have repaired that Lowes contracted out to the local gas company?
Maybe you should define "local gas company" first. We could be thinking of two different things.
On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:56:35 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Because the service contract was bought from Lowes? Because that's who the tenants (future owners) called? Because the Lowes phone number was handy?

Are you really so dumb that you can't read three words? That's pretty poor, even for a lefty.
from the free online dictionary <http://www.thefreedictionary.com/
lo·cal (lkl) adj. 1b. Of or relating to a city, town, or district rather than a larger area: state and local government.
gas (gs) n. pl. gas·es or gas·ses 2. A gaseous fuel, such as natural gas.
(or in your case 7a. Flatulence.)
com·pa·ny (kmp-n) n. pl. com·pa·nies 3a. A business enterprise; a firm.

Once again, your lack of reading comprehension is showing. Go back and read the question that I asked. Note that the question starts with the word "what", not "why".
I'll type this slowly because I know you can't read very fast...
When someone asks a question that begins with "what", an answer that starts with "because" is not relevant. "Because" answers a question that starts with "why".
A relevant answer to a question that starts with "_What_ did you have repaired..." would be something like "a water heater", "a generator", "a gas dryer". The answer would not start with the word "because" unless the person answering the question suffered from a reading comprehension disability. For that you have my sympathies.

Once again, I'll be patient and try to help you out since you can't seem to do this on your own.
When I DAGS for gas companies in my area, I get hits for at least 6 different "local gas companies" including the utility company that supplies natural gas and electricity to the homes and businesses in our area. If I said that I was going to call "the local gas company", that is the company that most people would think of.
I'm not going too fast for you, am I? I can wait while you read that again if you'd like.
OK, still with me? Good, I'll continue...
If I had a service contract through Lowe's, I can be pretty sure that the "local gas company" that supplies natural gas and electricity to the homes and businesses in my area is not going to be the "local gas company" that shows up for the service call. They simply don't repair the types of things that Lowe's sells service contracts for. Of course, I am speaking only for my "local" area. Things may be different in the "local" area of the gentleman who said that Lowe's has a contract with the "local gas company".
Therefore, I am still interested in the poster's definition of "local gas company" as it applies to the service contract he had with Lowe's.
Were you able to follow any of that or should I repeat it?

Who helped you find that site?
On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 21:42:17 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Once again, you prove that you're too stupid to breathe. What wasn't part of the discussion. It doesn't matter (but it was a 'fridge). I made the assumption (I know) that you had a real question, for once. I should have known that a lefty can never be honest. <more drivel from the lefty loser snipped>

What a pathetic attempt to conceal your error. I asked a specific question - "What was repaired...” thus making "what" a part of the discussion. You, due to your lack of reading comprehension, answered a question that was never asked. In fact you answered a question that wasn't asked with 3 different "because" answers.
Oh, wait. You may be having some trouble with that last paragraph. Go find who ever it was that helped you use freedictionary.com and have them look up - and explain to you - the definition of "pathetic". You might (although I doubt it) recognize yourself.

I did. The real question was, as can be seen above (by anyone who can read) "What was repaired..." Of course, you know that because you finally answered it. Why it took you 2 posts to answer it shows how slow you are. Hey, don't let it bother you. We accept you for who you are, even with all of your many, many faults.
OK, so now we know it was a 'fridge. As I posted earlier, my "local gas company" doesn't repair 'fridges, not for Lowe's, not for anyone else. So my other question is still unanswered. Now that we know that it was a 'fridge, I'll rephrase it: What kind of "local gas company" was it that was contracted by Lowe's to fix a 'fridge? Let me repeat that for you so we're all sure what question is being asked. We wouldn't want you to answer an un-asked question like you did earlier.
What kind of "local gas company" was it that was contracted by Lowe's to fix a 'fridge?

Oh, come on...I honestly want to know what kind of "local gas company" had a contract with Lowe's to fix 'fridges. There's no chance that that was one of your "lefty lies" is there?
On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 21:42:17 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Please. You only encourage him.
On 1/18/2014 4:42 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I am guessing that google dot com search engine helped Kerwhat find the free dictionary site.
What's on second? Who helped you find that site? I don't know. I don't know what. Who? No, what. Who, Hu? Hu is the premier of China. That's what I asked. No, not what; who?
--
.
Christopher A. Young