Home Depot lifetime warranty

When stored and used according to the manufacturers specifications, which apparently included a use-by date, and probably didn't include storage in a 150 degree trunk for years.
They probably woudn't have honored the warranty if you'd set the thing on fire, either.
Terry wrote:

the milk for six months or the caulk for a few years and they spoil or become unusable that would be your choice and not a defect in the product.

I'm assuming this is a joke from the last smiley, but...
It isn't a "Home Depot" warranty, it's the manufacturers' warranty...and it does specificallly note it is for if the product fails in application...

The fine print of the warranty probably has some restrictions, including that it only covers the product when used according to the instructions. I'm guessing there is nothing in the instructions that says "leave caulk tube unopened in car trunk for several years before first use", so you are probably out of luck on this one.
--
--Tim Smith

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 17:29:44 -0700, Tim Smith

LOL! -- Oren
about 25 years ago my best friend bought 2 true blue lifetime guaranteed car batteries from sunoco. 6 years later the batteries died, sunoco was oput of the battery business so they replaced the 2 batteries, and refunded the purchase price. well then the lawyers got involved and he has been getting free batteries every 5 years or so ever since. although these last 2 sunoco kinda told him this i the last freebie. i hope my friend 75 lives long enough to hassle them for another set.
this is the only lifetime warranty i know of thats still valid after so long.
yeah he still has the same vehicles after all these years. a 66 jeep and 68 impala both converted by him to run on compressed natural gas, he has a large war surplus compressor

Craftsmen hand tools have a lifetime warranty. I just replaced a 30 yr. old rachet
Dave M.
I have a sump pump that is struggling. I have lots of water so I bought one with a lifetime warranty. It does not reliably shut off so I called the manufacturer for some service. They said I had 2 options.
1. Haul it in to Lowes where I would get a completely new replacement pump. But this is only available once in the lifetime of the pump.
2. They can send out a new pressure switch.
I chose #2 and they sent out the switch without a single hassle. Have not received it yet, but the service for this Wayne-reliantone pump is excellent.
dnoyeB

I'd have to read the fine print, but that does not seem like quite a "lifetime" to me. What if the fist pump was defective and had to be replace in a week, the second failed the same way the following week. Would you be SOL?
On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:15:25 +0000, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

True. its 'limited' lifetime warranty. He said I could get parts, but the complete replace was only offered once.
(dnoyeB) writes: | I have a sump pump that is struggling. I have lots of water so I bought | one with a lifetime warranty. It does not reliably shut off so I called | the manufacturer for some service. They said I had 2 options. | | 1. Haul it in to Lowes where I would get a completely new replacement | pump. But this is only available once in the lifetime of the pump. | | 2. They can send out a new pressure switch. | | I chose #2 and they sent out the switch without a single hassle. Have not | received it yet, but the service for this Wayne-reliantone pump is | excellent.
I recently bought (at HD) a Rigid brand sump pump with a "lifetime" warranty. On reading the fine print (inside of course) I found that the warranty is conditioned on following a certain required maintenance schedule. Maintenance must be performed by a Rigid authorized service center (at customer's expense, naturally). If anyone other than an authorized service center opens the pump case the warranty is void. Of particular note, the entire stator assembly must be replaced every five years as part of this required routine "maintenance." Oddly the impeller never needs to be replaced...
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 02:39:48 +0000, Dan Lanciani wrote:

i bought this pump specifically because I can take it apart. i dont know how that affects the warranty, but i need to open it every 6 months to c lean all the caked on dirt off.
Anyway, I have a sewerage ejector pump I put in for a while. This thing has a 2" opening and is cast iron and I figured it would be a noise maker. Its WAY quieter than the reliantone. im gonna reshape the pipe one more ime so it stops wobbling, then im gonna keep that pump in there.

You are lucky it wasn't silicone caulk, which often fails to cure when old, leaving a gooey mess.
Bob