Home Depot Ha-Ha

Was in there earlier. Hand written dayglo green sign by the mailboxes & posts"

Do not any pacages. Ask for assistance!

No, I didn't leave out "open" and that's how packages was spelled. What puzzled me was how Mr. Spelling Bee got assistance even close!

Reply to
Al Bundy

Al Bundy wrote in news:Xns984F2940B222AlBundy@

216.196.97.142:

Ok, was in quickly last night. Went by that sign again. Moved and rewritten. Dpt mgr must have seen the screwup and redid it. Now says

Do not open any pacages. Ask for assistance!

Reply to
Al Bundy

Maybe by the time they get a regional manager involved, they just might, Just Might get it right.

I had the misfortune of having to go in one today with a friend that had a HD return credit card and he needed to spend the $10 bucks before the time ran out on the card. We left a Lowe's where there must have been around 200 vehicles on the lot plus lots of commercial account side traffic and on to HD where I actually counted 22 cars and one pickup on their lot. My friend found an item that cost a little over the $10 on the card and went to the checkout. The item, a pack of masonry bits, did not have a bar code on them and the checkout girl (associate) had no idea what to do. After going through 3 people (associates) and backing up a line at the only open checkout of 5 people (they never opened up any more checkouts????), the store manager finally got involved and he didn't know what to do either so he just took the card and said lets call it even to my friend.

On the way out we passed a man that had just bought a new John Deere riding mower (the one that came in the only pickup on the lot). A HD employee (associate) had cranked up the mower and was getting ready to pull it onto the trailer attached to the pickup when he jerked the whole line of mowers on display sideways. He had neglected to unchain the purchased mower from the display line of mowers it was chained to!

I felt lucky to get away alive.

Regards, Ed

Reply to
Ed

I'm in Phoenix and live close to a Lowe's and a Home Depot, and the HD is a lot better The Lowe's employees are hard to find and usually clueless, and it took three of them to locate the air conditioners -- in July. OTOH when I went to HD for a tiny electrical part, someone in the garden dept. knew exactly where it was located at the other end of the store, including the elevation. This Lowe's also makes a lot of pricing mistakes, the last time for a paint stirrer, a product they didn't recognize.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I guess it is area dependant as to which ones are better. My experience with HD is only at 2 stores which just happen to both be clueless aberrations compared to the 4 Lowe's stores I am familiar with. On the other hand, my daughter's husband thinks HD in their city of Orlando is the best.

But then again, I think he's a twit (grin)...... Kidding.... He's a great guy and a knowledgeable contractor.

Regards, Ed

Reply to
Ed

This is one of those floppy orange cards you get when you return something without a receipt, or after too long a time???

I didn't think they expired??

Reply to
mm

I really didn't pay any attention to his card or know the specific details as to why he got a card instead of his money back during the return MM so I can't say. All I know is that he said there was a time limit to use it before it expired. Actually I have never been given one of those cards from Lowe's and I don't do business with HD so I sure would never get one of their's so I don't really know the specifics on them. However, I do know that I have done some returns to Lowe's without a receipt and got my cash back but they know me there and I do a ton of business with them yearly so they might just be letting me slide on the card thing.

Regards, Ed

Reply to
Ed

If you haven't seen it yet, check out