Home Depot Genius

Page 2 of 3

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:14:06 -0600, "Steve Barker"

And of course you can substantiate this with more than one source? Statistics?
Maybe (doubtful) in your son's locale it's true, but that wouldn't change much of anything. Then again, maybe your son likes to make things up, or mindlessly repeat things someone else told him without checking them out. I'd appreciate a verifiable cite, even for your son's locale. I'm pretty sure that's impossible!
CWM

yes, there are plenty. Do your homework.

and i'm pretty sure you're a nut.

In other words... you *can't* substantiate it.

You made the claim -- you back it up.
--
Regards,
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:14:06 -0600, "Steve Barker"

You have a great deal of confidence in your own judgment.
It would be nice if it were justified.
--Goedjn

Did you actually look at Snopes' account of this? If that's not accurate, then they sure went to a lot of trouble to manufacture their independent corroboration.
--
Regards,

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way, but in this case I confess I was fooled. However I still have a hard time believing that a spontaneous event like that spawned that many photos - unless the guy was doing this for 5 hours or something and then there'd be a hell of a lot more people around him. And there has to be some 1000 lbs on that car's roof being held up with twine?
I still say it's staged, but it happened, I was fooled.
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:45:39 -0800, "Eigenvector"

The twine gets me. Acceleration of the car, bumps in the road, sudden braking of the car and no State Troopers on the highway. The twine held, right. HD should sell the twine and not give it out at the door.
-- Oren

Got an example?
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp
Rob

You'll have to do a LOT better than that!
CWM

You don't take that seriously, do you? I mean, come on. That page is an obvious joke. Look at the page that it's linked from: http://www.snopes.com/lost
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

As serious as the fact that the word "gullible" does not appear in any english language dictionary, printed or online, or otherwise.
Rob
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:04:30 -0500, trainfan1

Actually, "gullible" means "Cardassian" and no, I'm not going to explain that :-)
trainfan1 wrote:

GMTA
But didn't we do this yesterday?
--
Grandpa

Grandpa wrote:

He asked...
Rob

Fess up, now -- you took that Mister Ed stuff seriously, didn't you?
--
Regards,
trainfan1 wrote:

I know. I posted that site the day before you did, just because he asked.
--
Grandpa

http://www.snopes.com/lost/lost.htm
While it's true that the store is false, it's known and stated to be false... or true... or... well, you know.
:)
--
flip
Just on the border of your waking mind, There lies - Another time,

"lee houston" <bogus snipped-for-privacy@notreal.invalid> wrote in message

Nope, it's true. http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp
--
Regards,