Home Depot Genius

Page 1 of 3

Was this one of you guys? <grin>
http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Flotsam/Home_Depot_Genius/home_depot_genius.html
I saw that same picture at least 5 years ago. Looked contrived then too.

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Flotsam/Home_Depot_Genius/home_depot_genius.html

I've had some of my best times just sitting in the parking lot and watching people trying to load lumber into cars.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Almost as entertaining as a State boat launch.
Rob

http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Email_Flotsam/Home_Depot_Genius/home_depot_genius.html
That thing's so old it's got gray hairs. All you have to do is look at the front and rear tires and how out of proportion they look to tell that photo is fake.

There is a good website called snopes.com that debunks urban legends..
Turns out this one is true.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp
djay
Snopes is not ALWAYS accurate either.
--
Steve Barker

"djay" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:17:17 -0600, "Steve Barker"
Really? can you cite some specific examples?
They seem to do a pretty good job of fact checking from multiple sources. They are cautious about declaring anything "true" or "false" that can't be confirmed from multiple sources. This particular item was classified as a "maybe" for quite a while before they were able to get better confirmation. In this specific case, they even provide newspaper accounts and other photos.
CWM
Charlie Morgan wrote:

Sure, here: http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

Yep, they sure do. ;-)
--
Grandpa

Now go to the page that leads to that one!
http://www.snopes.com/lost
CWM
So basically what snopes is saying is "Hey we might be right, maybe not". After all it IS the internet. I don't believe a word of what I see on it.
--
Steve Barker

"Charlie Morgan" < snipped-for-privacy@zwim.com> wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:19:29 -0600, "Steve Barker"

So, basically what YOU are saying is you are not very bright. That isn't what they said at all. Apparently someone stopped payment on your reality check.
Please be my guest, and continue to stumble arond in the dark, suffering from self inflicted injuries.
CWM
And YOU can continue to believe everything you read on the internet.
--
Steve Barker

"Charlie Morgan" < snipped-for-privacy@zwim.com> wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:40:35 -0600, "Steve Barker"
I don't believe everything I read on the internet, but unlike you, I can separate the wheat from the chaff.
CWM
That's a good one. And as a photography buff, i can assure you, a zebra is a zebra in B&W also. What a bunch of crap!
--
Steve Barker

"Grandpa" < snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net> wrote in message

Turn around and head back up the road a ways, Steve. You lost your sense of humor somewhere back there...
--
Regards,
While I didn't expect an attack from you, I guess you're right Doug. I did get caught up in it. <G>. This whole thread is a comedy.

"Doug Miller" < snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com> wrote in message

What, you think *that* was an attack?! You obviously haven't read any of my responses to Toller's electrical "advice". :-)
My point simply was that the piece on Mr. Ed was an *obvious* farce... and you took it seriously.
--
Regards,
OHHhhhhhh. I C. <G> and yes, I've been monitoring yor responses to the ill electrical advice. Thanks for hanging in there, it's amazing what some people think is right or what they will do. I know I've learned a lot just lurking here.
Steve Barker

"Doug Miller" < snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com> wrote in message
One in particular that came up recently is their claim that domestic abuse cases don't rise in numbers on super bowl Sunday. My son is in law enforcement, and has always told us superbowl Sunday is their biggest domestic abuse day of the year. So, if you can't believe that one, which ones can you believe? That lumber on the car deal is purely staged. No one would do that for anyother reason, and no one would allow someone to do that for any other reason.