Home Depot fires two managers

In Murfreesboro Tn. the borg fired two managers for stopping a scumbag from stealing money from a soft drink machine outside the door. Said " they violated co. policy " yea right, just let the thieves steal anything .

Michael Lane

It ain't bragging, if you can back it up___ Dizzy Dean

Reply to
Michael Lane

If the owners of the merchandise tell you not to confront criminals, what kind of a knucklehead must you be to insist on doing it anyway?

Bernardo

Reply to
Bernardo Gui

Got a link to the story?

John

Reply to
runsrealfast

Easy enough to find if you bothred to look for it.

Charlie Bress

If the thief had cleaned his clock with the crowbar, the manager's family would've sued HD for not having x-ray machines at the door or some such bullshit. Perhaps that's why the company would rather accept a certain level of theft. Nothing in the store comes close to the price of a big, fat lawsuit.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Another illegal immigrant-Depo story. What a dump.

Reply to
sonofabitchsky

The article says that one of the fired managers had worked at HD for seven years but had never heard of the policy of notifying loss prevention person or the police........really hard to believe, as theft is a major management issue. As with most hiring/firing, previous performance makes a difference and these guys may not have been "gems". I know I would be unlikely to chase down a thief who was armed with a crowbar :o)

Reply to
Norminn

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Michael Lane) wrote in news:18772-46D5EA28-110 @storefull-3138.bay.webtv.net:

"Chester, an MTSU graduate, finds himself unemployed."

MTSU graduate...working at HD...Okayyyyy.

"Chester said he wouldn't pursue any legal recourse. "

Chance to put the f**ks to the Borg and he passes. Boy he is dumb as a box of rocks.

Chester, an MTSU graduate, finds himself unemployed.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I patronize my local HD occasionally; I wouldn't hesitate to chase down a thief, even one armed with a crowbar.

'Course I usually go about armed with a .45...
Reply to
HeyBub

The stores find it easier to pass on theft to you the customer, after all most of it is public stealing it trust me I work in retail yes staff steal but public doe most of it with out doubt. Right down to returns with parts missing and taps returned with old taps in box cut material cut short cause the idiot can,t read a tape. do I tell you more cause I could. You as consumers are your own worst enemies

Reply to
jim

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:17nBi.15025$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

Or worse,he could have had a knife or handgun. ISTR a Wal-Mart greeter got slashed by a fleeing shoplifter recently.

But the soda machine was OUTSIDE the door. What good are x-ray machines or metal detectors if the person doesn't go THRU the door?

Best to use a cellphone to take the crook's picture and call the police.

BTW,who OWNS the soda machine?? Not HD.

IMO,the managers should have had Tasers. ZAP the crap out of thieves.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

wasnt there a similar story a few years ago? a walmart employ was robbed and she fought back and saved the money. SHe was let go for violating company policy. Policy stated that no employee will confront a robber. IT was cheaper to let the cash go than to deal with the lawsuits that would happen should the employee be injured in a robbery.

Reply to
jmagerl

My late first wife worked in a bank. One of the rules was "No heroics."

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Reply to
Phisherman

Years ago I worked for Lowes & they have the same policy. They will let the public steal them blind but fire an employee if he picks up a screw off the floor & puts it in his pocket.

Red

Reply to
Red

If you saw a thief stealing from a store, how would you know he was not carrying a gun?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If he was, we'd have a gun fight.

Reply to
HeyBub

I own, and often carry a handgun, so we have something in common. But, there's one way we're different. I never assume I'm a better warrior than someone I've never met. That would be stupid, and there is no way to debate the fact.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That would probably be against store policy, too... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

Your point is well taken.

Part of a rant (not mine) on another newsgroup, entitled "The Pussification of America"

--- begin quote

Just this past 4th of July weekend some punks were blowing of fireworks in the park behind my house. I had no problem with this until they started launching shit into my backyard. I marched over there and gave them two choices. I guess that makes me pro-choice. They had the choice to launch their shit at my house or away from my house. The consequences of course would be different for each choice. They chose to launch away from my house- the correct choice. My neighbors chastised me for being so rash and challenging the punks. "What if they would have had a gun?" My response was that we would have had a gun fight. You see I'd rather do something and take the chance then to have my sons see me cower behind the curtains like half a fag.

--- end quote

--- begin another quote

I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN and loved only one woman with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!

--- end quote #2

I guess I'm closer, in attitude, to these two expressions.

Reply to
HeyBub