Home Depot fires two managers

Page 1 of 3

In Murfreesboro Tn. the borg fired two managers for stopping a scumbag from stealing money from a soft drink machine outside the door. Said " they violated co. policy " yea right, just let the thieves steal anything .
Michael Lane
It ain't bragging, if you can back it up___ Dizzy Dean
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:50:32 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Michael Lane) wrote:

If the owners of the merchandise tell you not to confront criminals, what kind of a knucklehead must you be to insist on doing it anyway?
Bernardo
On Aug 29, 3:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Michael Lane) wrote:

Got a link to the story?
John
(Michael Lane) wrote:

Easy enough to find if you bothred to look for it. http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070829/NEWS01/70829023
Charlie Bress wrote:

seven years but had never heard of the policy of notifying loss prevention person or the police........really hard to believe, as theft is a major management issue. As with most hiring/firing, previous performance makes a difference and these guys may not have been "gems". I know I would be unlikely to chase down a thief who was armed with a crowbar :o)

I patronize my local HD occasionally; I wouldn't hesitate to chase down a thief, even one armed with a crowbar.
'Course I usually go about armed with a .45...

The stores find it easier to pass on theft to you the customer, after all most of it is public stealing it trust me I work in retail yes staff steal but public doe most of it with out doubt. Right down to returns with parts missing and taps returned with old taps in box cut material cut short cause the idiot can,t read a tape. do I tell you more cause I could. You as consumers are your own worst enemies

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." __ Edmund Burke
I'm with you.
--Andy Asberry-- ------Texas-----

If the thief had cleaned his clock with the crowbar, the manager's family would've sued HD for not having x-ray machines at the door or some such bullshit. Perhaps that's why the company would rather accept a certain level of theft. Nothing in the store comes close to the price of a big, fat lawsuit.

Or worse,he could have had a knife or handgun. ISTR a Wal-Mart greeter got slashed by a fleeing shoplifter recently.

But the soda machine was OUTSIDE the door. What good are x-ray machines or metal detectors if the person doesn't go THRU the door?
Best to use a cellphone to take the crook's picture and call the police.
BTW,who OWNS the soda machine?? Not HD.
IMO,the managers should have had Tasers. ZAP the crap out of thieves.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

My late first wife worked in a bank. One of the rules was "No heroics."
Perce
On 08/29/07 10:23 pm jmagerl wrote:

Last week at WalMart I saw two employees jump and knock down a customer in the parking lot. In a few seconds the city police handcuffed and took the customer away. This is an everyday occurrence. I support store security taking an aggressive stance to stop theft. This is in east TN.
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:41:45 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

I think they should have atomic bombs. Vaporize the scum.
(Any collateral damage will be limited if the bombs are under 30 kilotons.

On Aug 29, 2:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Michael Lane) wrote:

Another illegal immigrant-Depo story. What a dump.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Michael Lane) wrote in

"Chester, an MTSU graduate, finds himself unemployed."
MTSU graduate...working at HD...Okayyyyy.
"Chester said he wouldn't pursue any legal recourse. "
Chance to put the f**ks to the Borg and he passes. Boy he is dumb as a box of rocks.
Chester, an MTSU graduate, finds himself unemployed.
On Aug 29, 4:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Michael Lane) wrote:

Years ago I worked for Lowes & they have the same policy. They will let the public steal them blind but fire an employee if he picks up a screw off the floor & puts it in his pocket.
Red
(Michael Lane) wrote:

If you saw a thief stealing from a store, how would you know he was not carrying a gun?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

If he was, we'd have a gun fight.

I own, and often carry a handgun, so we have something in common. But, there's one way we're different. I never assume I'm a better warrior than someone I've never met. That would be stupid, and there is no way to debate the fact.