Home Depot 1/4" Lag Screw

And Ace and TruValue don't count.

Reply to
Steve

Why not?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reminds me of a guy I went through basic training with. New york street punk. First time he said "yo sargent", he found out that language was important.

Reply to
CW

Undoubtedly; I think that's the only place in VT where WallyWorld and HD share a parking lot. (I think the only other city with both stores is Rutland.) And yes, it's a horrid parking lot layout.

For those who are morbidly curious, the two stores are at opposite ends of this lot, which has unbroken lanes running from store to store with perpendicular parking. The two entrances/exits to the lot are at the corners where the stores and the parking lot meet, so that the only way to enter or exit the lot (by vehicle) is to drive along the fire lanes where other shoppers are trying to navigate to or from their cars. Why on earth they didn't have a single car entrance/exit lane across the middle away from the pedestrians is a great mystery to me.

Or, if you're a visual sort of person, see the madness from above:

Reply to
Andrew Erickson

It's not New York. It's N'yawk, one word. Or, depending, New Jork.

If Bloomberg has his way, it will be New "Poor people not allowed/Owned by Bloomberg" York.

Reply to
Existential Angst

I had that happen to me helping my friend build a deck using bolts from the big box store. We snapped two of them off. Thats when I turned my friend on to Howes Hardware. Best place I know of for industrial quality fastenerd..

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

So?

Reply to
CW

Is there another HD in VT? Didn't the Rutland HD close?

Reply to
krw

A few of them might count, but the only resemblance of an Ace or TV to a real hardware store is purely unintentional.

Reply to
krw

French lady, heading home, tells cab driver "take me to New York Airport". Three people shout "NEWARK". She replies "I don't _care_ you you pronounce it".

Reply to
J. Clarke

They needed all the metal to make swords for lopping the heads off of their enemies.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I see you're in Indianapolis too... What do *you* consider to be "actual hardware stores" here, then, if Ace and TV don't count?

Reply to
Doug Miller

That really depends on how they're run by the individual owners. The one I use is pretty remarkable.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Try it sometime.... Jefferson Road, just east of E. Henrietta Road. If my memory is working, as to where the store is. Might be between the Henrietta Roads. It's a miserable PIA to get in and out of the lot. The one on West Ridge is MUCH easier to get in and out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are so, so right. I'll not make that mistake again.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I like t his group. Lot of first hand wisdom. Maybe grade 5 was the way to go. Sigh. Well, the van has been junked, ages ago. I guess for the next time, I'll try grade 5, and let the class know how it worked out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That could hurt. Let me guess, the Sargeant wasn't all that impressed? And the NYC kid found out how to make the Sargeant spit blood?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have tried it. It's a non-event.

How far out of your way would you be willing to drive, in order to avoid having to turn your steering wheel in certain ways because of the way a parking lot was designed?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yep. People don't understand that when you harden steel you're narrowing the margin between yield strength and ultimate tensile strength. Get it hard enough and there's no yield at all--it doesn't move until it breaks, where a weaker bolt will bend just a tiny amount and relieve stresses, and incidentally work harden a tiny bit in the process.

Reply to
J. Clarke

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Would you like me to drive from NC to find out for you or do you want Keithw to go from AL to check?

Store locator tab, nahhhhhh...

Reply to
Red Green