Home builder repair hell

Page 2 of 2
Your example is irrelevant to the discussion. We are not talking bumper stickers.

Was I absent or drunk the day free speech was abolished?
Steve
SteveB wrote:

I'm betting on drunk. :)

?? The OP is printing up bumper stickers and creating numerous web sites to attempt to retaliate against the builder. How is that not abuse? How will that correct the situation or make the OP whole?
Right. It won't. Don't kid yourself, he's in a pissing match - nothing more.

You must understand RicodJour. He fancies himself as netnanny. Group cop. The corrector of every post. The fountain of information, truth, and possessor of the only true solution. And when he can't best you in that way, he gets personal and emotional.
Killfile him. He has nothing to say that you want to hear. Life will be easier, and you will have only about half the messages to download every day. He has no life, as all he does is sit here and spew.
HTH
Steve

Gee, you're sensitive. Are you still upset from that _one_ thread where we ever exchanged opinions?
Was this what I wrote that bothered you? "A little while ago you were shouting NEVER PAY FOR WORK UP FRONT, now you're telling us that you customarily did business that way? Then you're telling us that you left the deposit thing behind when you went into commercial work. WTF? Sure, there's no difference between commercial and residential work, is there? Sheesh."
I apologize for disagreeing with you. Well, at least I was disagreeing with what you said at first, then you flip flopped so I agreed with you, then you went back and, well, then I sort of lost track of which side of the fence you were on.
BTW, you said you were kill filing me. Try again - it doesn't seem to have taken.
CALL YOUR STATE'S CONSUMER PROTECTION DEPARTMENT...your builder should be licensed with them, and there's a reason for that. Consumer Protection can give you information on your rights and any compensation that might be possible. For example, in my state Cosumer Protection deposits money from contractor licensing (roofing, electrical, plumbing, etc.) into a pool of sorts, and consumers who have been wronged by a contractor that goes out of business can still sue and reclaim some money. That's just one example of a services; there may be other things they can do for you, including threatening this guy's license if he doesn't live up to the spirit of his contract.
Do NOT sign any 3rd party warranty. It will have a binding arbitration agreement in it and take away your right to sue. Most are worthless and just prevent you from sueing the builder.

I would be surprised if any of the poor craftsmanship would be against any codes which means you probably can't win in court. they obviously suck at drywall & staining which are both pretty much arts. I have been in construction for over 20 years & I still suck at drywall, if its a job bigger than a small hole to patch I know enough to get someone else to do it! everything in the pictures is fixable with a little bit of elbow grease. only advice i could offer is to never pay in full until you are satisfied with the results. good luck with your suits, although I feel you could have everything repaired cheaper than your lawyers fees will be.