Home Air Filter Advice Please

Page 3 of 3

Putz

I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
[...]

<yawn>

I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
I have a Heritage 13 Heat Pump but I am not sure about the air handler in the attic.
--

Thanks.

<kjpro @ usenet.com> wrote in message

Where are you located?
Do you just have the HP, or do you have a backup source for heating?
I just have the heat pump. I live in the south eastcoast.
--

Thanks.

<kjpro @ usenet.com> wrote in message
No filter is going to work 100%. The ones that filter better tend to block flow and this is bad. Two filters block more flow than one. They may trap more dirt, but life is full of tradeoffs. I would stick with just return air filters or a single filter at the furnance.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

I like MERV8 as a good compromise between cost, back pressure, and particle size. MERV8 is usually the most porous of the widely available paper pleated types and will stop most pollen and all visible dust. Pollen is my main concern (due to hay fever) and they do a good job. The next smallest particle filter practically doubles in price, and causes over twice the back pressure but the extra dust it captures is not worth the price or backpressure IMO. The next filter down is usually a fiberglass pad that has little back pressure and is cheap but doesn't catch most visible dust and no pollen. An alternative would be to use a cheap pad filter on the ducts and a MERV8 on the air handler, this will keep the big "dust bunnies" out at the beginning so the MERV8 only has to do the pollen and small dust at the fan.
The reason I was thinking of going to MERV 10 is because the MERV 8s are not capturing visible dust.
--

Thanks.