home ac not working

i turned my ac on today for the first time.

  1. warm air blowing. i checked the compressor outside and it was not spinning. The breaker was off for it and I turned it on. the blade moved a half spin then stopped.

  1. in the fall i had a leak plugged. this is the first time i've turned it on since then.

any ideas? is there somethign i can check on the compressor?

Reply to
SeaKan

Could be a lot of things. Not much you can check without gauges, meter, and knowing how to use them.

Leak is still there and the compressor will not go on because it is low or empty. Could be the compressor itself shorting out the circuit. Could be controls. Best to call for a service tech.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If you were low on freon, the fan on the outside unit would still turn, but the compressor would not come on. The fact that nothing comes on could mean your contactor on the relay is dirty or some other electrical problem. Just a guess.

Reply to
Mikepier