Home AC Compressor keeps tripping breaker

PLEASE HELP! last night the whole neighborhood lost power for nearly 5 seconds and then when it came up apparently it tripped the ac comressor breaker. I found this out becuase the ac was not blowing cold air. when I tried reseting it , it keeps popping back. I tried so many times but as soon as I reset the breaker it pops back again. I cna see the lights dim for a fraction of a second and i pops back.like almost immediately. I checked out everything and all looks fine. What should I do.... please help Andy
Sounds like the 1 in a million actual damage from power outage. Call a pro (Elec or HVAC) to document and file for insurance.
Tim S.

Are you aware that it is November? Why are you running an AC?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

Ever been to Arizona ?:-) On occasion I've run the A/C at Christmas time.
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Are you aware that the whole country (USA) is NOT in the snow belt. High temperature here has still been hitting the low to mid 80's. A cold front just came through. Tonight's low will get down into the 50's. Tomorrow's high will be 75. I will be happy to not have to run the AC for a while.
Charlie

Stormin Mormonn wrote:

high humidity in my area... we dont have many winters in the south.... but we sure do have the summers.....

We had some major rain yesterday and getting colder. You got a spare room I can have for a couple weeks, and some service calls for me to do?
--
Christopher A. Young

"CBHvac" < snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com> wrote in message

hot in his house! Greg
Call a pro. Could be a blown fuse in a disconnect ($3.00) or a grounded compressor ($1,000.00). Don't mess around with it if you don't know what your doing.

First thing....
Shut it off and leave it off for about 3 hours...seriously. Restart it. If it runs, leave it be. If not, then call a professional in for complete diagnosis and repair, along with any information your home owners might need as most will cover this....IF and ONLY if its actually due to the outage, and not just plain wear and tear....like on a 14 year old unit....