Hollowing out a book

Page 2 of 2
On 7/11/2012 8:23 AM, G. Morgan wrote:

They have to be if crime is the only way they know to obtain money. Prisons are full of folks who didn't make very intelligent choices in their quest for wealth. ^_^
TDD
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 07:38:13 -0500, The Daring Dufas

When the subject of dumb criminals comes up, I always think of this guy: http://consumerist.com/2008/05/man-arrested-for-trying-to-pass-a-360-billion-check.html
You couldn't leave the bank with that much cash without a forklift.

Yabbut with $360 billion in cash you could probably buy one.
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 07:45:42 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Not to mention, the bank is almost $360 billion dollars short of that much cash.

No, these were mostly 20s, 50s, and 100s.

I was being interviewed for the hardware design job. So do I. ;-)

I actually got a headache working too close to one. They wouldn't let me shut it off.

I always thought it was a wood chisel.
nb
--
vi --the heart of evil!

X-Acto knives are disposable.
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:29:45 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Anything is disposable.

You must be a Microsoft employee.
I'd been thinking for last few years, that the government should not be telling doctors what to prescribe, or what not to prescribe. But, you worded it a bit better than I was able to.
Someone told me years ago, you can only sue the govenment, with the government's permission.
I wish someone could/would file a class action "something" against The DEA for practicing medicine without a license, which is what those bureaucrats and armed cowboys are doing. O_o
TDD

No it isn't.
It's all the people making money off enforcement. I believe GWB, Obama, Clinton, etc. are powerless against the career DEA, prisons, courts, cops, doctors, and the drug lobby.
If you are in serious pain, the right kind of doctor to see is one that specializes in pain. (Pain doctor, or pain clinic.) If you need medication, they are more familiar with fighting the DEA bureaucracy.
--
Dan Espen

The glaring omission in your list - lawyers, which includes many/most politicians, courts, and is what the rest use as their big stick. The DEA and medical profession's defense is no match for the lawyers' offense.
We need to revamp the legal system before we can revamp any of the other stuff. Since only lawyers will be trying and adjudicating such changes, we know that game will be rigged. There needs to be a national mandate and a nationwide popular vote taken. I'd guess that long-time non-voters would come out of the woodwork to try to get such change going.
Things such as the losing party always pays for all court costs, and the losing side must work pro bono for an equal amount of time as they spent on the losing case. All filings must be in plain English, there must be a Cliff Notes synopsis posted at the time of any filing, and an eBay-type feedback system instituted to weed out cantankerous legal- terrorists.

Plenty of blame to spread around.
Doctors fight to keep medicines on Rx. We couldn't have people walking into a pharmacy, describing their illness and walking our with some pills.
I've read that you can actually do that in some countries, but not in the USA where the dollar reigns supreme.
--
Dan Espen

RicodJour wrote:

We did. In Texas. We capped malpractice awards at $250,000 and malpractice insurance rates fell through the floor. In fact, malpractice rates have declined every year since the reforms took place in 2007. Not only that, but the state has seen an increase (I think 15%) in the number of physicians practicing in the state.
No, your idea is a good one and it's proved by empirical experience. As an aside, tort reform has been a plank in the Republican's proposals regarding health care for a long time.

Wooosh!
My ass. Have you ever heard of that Democrat, Harry the-buck-stops-here Truman? Well, it's now it's the Demomonicrat Barak not-my-fault Hussein it's-Bush's-fault Obama. The fact is that he *is* the boss.

So much for "Affordable Medicine".

I have a way better and perfect soultion but I'm not telling.
-Zz
Zz Yzx wrote:

Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world,
EH?