Hollowing out a book

One of the drawers in my closet has a partition that has been partially hollowed out, access from the bottom edge of the partition. The partition looks/seems fixed but will lift out if the drawer is removed. The partition isn't very big but I figure it is big enough the hold about $10,000 in 100s. More if it was holding diamonds :)

Reply to
dadiOH

When the subject of dumb criminals comes up, I always think of this guy:

You couldn't leave the bank with that much cash without a forklift.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Yabbut with $360 billion in cash you could probably buy one.

RicodJour

Not to mention, the bank is almost $360 billion dollars short of that much cash.

Reply to
Metspitzer

No it isn't.

It's all the people making money off enforcement. I believe GWB, Obama, Clinton, etc. are powerless against the career DEA, prisons, courts, cops, doctors, and the drug lobby.

If you are in serious pain, the right kind of doctor to see is one that specializes in pain. (Pain doctor, or pain clinic.) If you need medication, they are more familiar with fighting the DEA bureaucracy.

Reply to
Dan Espen

The glaring omission in your list - lawyers, which includes many/most politicians, courts, and is what the rest use as their big stick. The DEA and medical profession's defense is no match for the lawyers' offense.

We need to revamp the legal system before we can revamp any of the other stuff. Since only lawyers will be trying and adjudicating such changes, we know that game will be rigged. There needs to be a national mandate and a nationwide popular vote taken. I'd guess that long-time non-voters would come out of the woodwork to try to get such change going.

Things such as the losing party always pays for all court costs, and the losing side must work pro bono for an equal amount of time as they spent on the losing case. All filings must be in plain English, there must be a Cliff Notes synopsis posted at the time of any filing, and an eBay-type feedback system instituted to weed out cantankerous legal- terrorists.

RicodJour

Plenty of blame to spread around.

Doctors fight to keep medicines on Rx. We couldn't have people walking into a pharmacy, describing their illness and walking our with some pills.

I've read that you can actually do that in some countries, but not in the USA where the dollar reigns supreme.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Wooosh!

My ass. Have you ever heard of that Democrat, Harry the-buck-stops-here Truman? Well, it's now it's the Demomonicrat Barak not-my-fault Hussein it's-Bush's-fault Obama. The fact is that he *is* the boss.

So much for "Affordable Medicine".

Reply to
krw

Metspitzer

We did. In Texas. We capped malpractice awards at $250,000 and malpractice insurance rates fell through the floor. In fact, malpractice rates have declined every year since the reforms took place in 2007. Not only that, but the state has seen an increase (I think 15%) in the number of physicians practicing in the state.

No, your idea is a good one and it's proved by empirical experience. As an aside, tort reform has been a plank in the Republican's proposals regarding health care for a long time.

Reply to
HeyBub

Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a

*secret*! Why didn't you tell the world,

EH?

Reply to
HeyBub

Anything is disposable.

Reply to
croy

You must be a Microsoft employee.

Reply to
krw

I don't want to hide "anything" "anywhere;" I want to hollow out a book. In this book, which I bought specially for the purpose, I intend to secret a bottle of Tylenol. Then, the altered book (whose name is "The LUPUS Book, by Daniel J. Wallace, M.D., ISBN 978-0-19-508443-6) I'll give to my doctor.

He'll get the joke inasmuch as he was as big a fan of "House" as I was.

Reply to
HeyBub

You should have bought a pre-hollowed-out book.

I find it curious that you're asking people how to cut paper. If you can wait until after she gets home from day camp tomorrow, I'll see if my 6 year old nephew is willing to talk you through it.

RicodJour

Would have if I could have found a book on Lupus that was internally vacant.

Thanks for the help, but I'm reluctant to take instructions on using sharp objects from a female nephew.

It's pretty obvious your relative cut the wrong thing.

Reply to
HeyBub

Of course you want to hide something somewhere, and not the usual something you hide in the usual place. If you weren't hiding something you could just hand the bottle and the book to the doctor, but you're going for the guffaw, so you're hiding something you want someone to find.

As a self-professed legal-eagle you should know that you are "planting" something and you are trying to entrap the doctor's sense of humor. People with a good sense of humor rarely need props. Here's an example:

Don't be that guy.

Your 'internally vacant' is begging for a rejoinder, but that's just too easy.

I made up the 6 year old. I'm not a good liar. When I need pointers I'll be sure to ask. :)~

RicodJour

Marco Polo, on his deathbed, was admonished by his priest to recant all the incredible tales he told. He responded: "Father, I have told only a small part of what I have seen."

Reply to
HeyBub