Holiday Sales....

And so are you and everyone else. and has been since the day that they were born.

(or do you think that you will live forever?)

Reply to
F.K.

True indeed. Given that my family were drinkers and smokers, yet managed to keep going until their late 90s in both sides of the family...I think my brominated vegitable oil (hey..its organic..right?) wont figure too prominantly in my death.

That will probably occur while trying to cover a mass grave of dead leftwingers with a shovel rather than a dozer.

So Ill avoid any contact with shovels.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

The laxative effect is no where near as bad as what Metformin does to a diabetic.

I don't make any candy or baked goods. Some times I'm too sick to eat, and need something in my stomach before I take the handful of pills before bedtime so I'll eat a few cookies to calm my stomach.

This area is full of diabetics, yet it's hard to find sugar free or no sugar added foods.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You left out "still".

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

She had no problems with their chocolate.

She bakes a *lot* this time of year. She gives most of it away, though.

Come to think of it, I don't see much around here either. I generally prefer it. Like salt, most use far too much of it.

Reply to
krw

Some people need more salt than others I have the scar tissue to prove it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 04 Dec 2012

18:50:58 -0500 typed >> Michael A. Terrell wrote:

The losers at the Janitor Sweeps. Generically known as Igors. Every so many years, there's an upsurge in monster movies, and they can find work as dull witted minions: "Yetth Matther! Fetch the Houndthth! I'th Helpink!" But when there are no bit parts, they go back to the L-schools, and ... well, it is sort of like home. I mean, surrounded by seemingly normal people who are having their very soul sucked out of them ... "not like the old dayth, but at leatht the florethent lamps thort of flicker like the torcheth did."

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Looking for a good second hand D-6 :-?

Reply to
F.K.

Given the numbers of Leftwingers in some parts of California..maybe a D-8 would be better?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Artificial sweeteners are worse than sugar for you, my doctors agree. Also, I don't drink diet or regular pop. My A1C is 6.4 and has been for a long time.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

My kind of girl! Does she have a sister?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That's indubitably true. However, it's a lot easier for a few people to add more salt to their food than everyone else to remove it.

Reply to
krw

Actually, no. She's one of a kind (long 'i' or short). Armed with my mother's recipe book, she's positively dangerous (to the waste line).

Reply to
krw

That's why there are five, four pound boxes of salt in the kitchen right now and at least a couple more boxes in the pantry. All it takes is a couple days without enough, and I have new sores that take months to heal.

1 pound, 14.90 ounces is the recommend amount per year. I use eight to 12 pounds a year, plus what's already in my food. I still show right at the lower sodium limit in my bloodwork. I have clueless people comment about the sodium levels in some food. I just smile and tell them, It's too bad that it's never high enough.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm sure there is someone somewhere who needs sugar, too. ...enough to kill you but they're not asking you to ingest it.

Reply to
krw

Where did I ask anyone to eat anything?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And some people are at the other end of the spectrum I can pretty well tell within a few seconds how much salt is in the food I'm eating My tinnitus goes up and/or down in volume almost as soon as the salt starts being absorbed in my mouth.

My life is a balancing act between tinnitus buzzing like a crazed buzzer and cramps in my legs from too much or too little potassium.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

You're advocating salty food.

Reply to
krw

No, but you're advocating ignoring a potentially fatal health issue. People need to look at the sodium levels whenever they have labwork done, and make sure it stays in the normal range. I never cook with high levels if someone else is going to eat any part of a meal that I prepare. In those cases, I add salt, till I can taste that it is salted.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Certainly not.

The issue was sodium in prepared food. You can add it far more easily than others can subtract it. Every fast food place gives salt away. They don't need to add as much as they do.

Reply to
krw