Holiday Sales....

Page 3 of 6
On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 14:08:39 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Certainly not.

The issue was sodium in prepared food. You can add it far more easily than others can subtract it. Every fast food place gives salt away. They don't need to add as much as they do.
snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

Where did I tell people to eat fast food? I might eat it a dozen times a year. Only when I'm too far from home to wait for food, or after labwork early in the morning when I'll pick up a sandwich after fasting.
On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 17:13:59 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

There is too much sodium in almost all PREPARED food. EVEN fast food places give it away if you need so much of it.

I eat it more than I should, but usually in similar circumstances. We've been moving and getting our AL house on the market, so time is short and we've done way too much FF. Ordinarily we go to full-service restaurants, but they also use more salt than is needed.

And some people are at the other end of the spectrum I can pretty well tell within a few seconds how much salt is in the food I'm eating My tinnitus goes up and/or down in volume almost as soon as the salt starts being absorbed in my mouth.
My life is a balancing act between tinnitus buzzing like a crazed buzzer and cramps in my legs from too much or too little potassium.
On 12/4/2012 10:38 PM, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

My kind of girl! Does she have a sister?

Actually, no. She's one of a kind (long 'i' or short). Armed with my mother's recipe book, she's positively dangerous (to the waste line).
On 12/5/2012 9:09 PM, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

Tell her I am impressed with her---it might give her a smile!

Artificial sweeteners are worse than sugar for you, my doctors agree. Also, I don't drink diet or regular pop. My A1C is 6.4 and has been for a long time.
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:23:24 -0500, "Existential Angst"

On Black Friday, turkey was a LOT cheaper. Electronics and gadgets, maybe select items.
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:23:24 -0500, "Existential Angst"

I more than made up for you. Let's see, $700 at Lowes Friday, $100 Monday, new laptop (Black Friday e-sale), Memory for this NetBook and new Laptop (Black Friday Sale), WallyWorld USB memory sticks (Ciber Monday e-sale), a couple of shirts (Friday). Black Friday is Christmas for me. ;-)

No.
On Christmas cards and trees, sure.

Forget Sears.
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 20:18:56 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

Last year was an odd year. Retailers were shaking in their boots, thinking that Christmas was going to be a complete bust. After this past weekend, I don't think they're thinking the same this year.
On 11/28/2012 10:36 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

A man after my own heart!
Tom Gardner wrote:

I did that, 15 years ago.

Actually, I can't think of anything I want or need, I guess that's old age setting in.
Tom Gardner wrote:

I'll bet you can't remember if you had breakfast. ;-)

I wore khakis and a polo shirt!
Tom Gardner wrote:

Are you sure? :)
On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 09:54:47 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

He's been wearing them for a week. It's wash day tomorrow.
snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

Lucky him! I have jury duty today. I've had a headache for three days, and almost no sleep for a week. I've been up sick since 1:15 AM. Now I get to be grilled by both sides for the selection process. :(
Maybe if I vommit on a lawyer, I'll be excused?

Ask them if you can reschedule your service when you check in.
Best Regards Tom.
--
http://fija.org/