Holiday Sales....

Page 2 of 6
Tom Gardner wrote:

Then buy your own damed nuts! ;-)

You two ought to get a room..... 3 hr short stays (ought to be enough for a quickie, eh?) are cheaper before 6 pm.
--
EA

And, it took you HOW long to come up with that?

Proly about 1/10,000th the time you two spend jerking each other off in public. Hey, I'll pay for the room....
--
EA

Send me your Visa number! Thanks! I know you want pix so where do I send them?
Tom Gardner wrote:

That idiot is still around?

That idiot started the thread, dumbfuck.
--
EA

Tom Gardner wrote:

How long did it take you to eat that 100 dozen cookies? ;-)

I eat less than a dozen of them each year, I have others taste test them, I can do without the sugar. They are old and well proven recipes. I send them to customers and suppliers, friends and family.
Tom Gardner wrote:

To non-diabetic friends. :)
I find some sugar free cookies at Dollar Tree stores. The problem with them is that most types turn to dust before you can eat them.
On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 19:46:33 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

When we lived in Vermont, I'd buy my wife Snowflake Chocolate sugar-free chocolate. It was pretty good stuff but there was a Surgeon General's dire warning about not eating too many. One, even though there is no sugar in them, they still have a ton of calories. Two, they're a pretty good laxative.
Even though she's diabetic, she makes a ton of good stuff this time of the year. She just shipped a few batches of English toffee (my mother's recipe) to the kids and a couple of the nieces.
snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

The laxative effect is no where near as bad as what Metformin does to a diabetic.

I don't make any candy or baked goods. Some times I'm too sick to eat, and need something in my stomach before I take the handful of pills before bedtime so I'll eat a few cookies to calm my stomach.
This area is full of diabetics, yet it's hard to find sugar free or no sugar added foods.
On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 21:38:28 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

She had no problems with their chocolate.

She bakes a *lot* this time of year. She gives most of it away, though.

Come to think of it, I don't see much around here either. I generally prefer it. Like salt, most use far too much of it.
snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

Some people need more salt than others I have the scar tissue to prove it.
On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 01:43:42 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

That's indubitably true. However, it's a lot easier for a few people to add more salt to their food than everyone else to remove it.
snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

That's why there are five, four pound boxes of salt in the kitchen right now and at least a couple more boxes in the pantry. All it takes is a couple days without enough, and I have new sores that take months to heal.
1 pound, 14.90 ounces is the recommend amount per year. I use eight to 12 pounds a year, plus what's already in my food. I still show right at the lower sodium limit in my bloodwork. I have clueless people comment about the sodium levels in some food. I just smile and tell them, It's too bad that it's never high enough.
On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 23:40:35 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

I'm sure there is someone somewhere who needs sugar, too. ...enough to kill you but they're not asking you to ingest it.
snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

Where did I ask anyone to eat anything?
On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 02:18:42 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

You're advocating salty food.
snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

No, but you're advocating ignoring a potentially fatal health issue. People need to look at the sodium levels whenever they have labwork done, and make sure it stays in the normal range. I never cook with high levels if someone else is going to eat any part of a meal that I prepare. In those cases, I add salt, till I can taste that it is salted.