holes in bathtub ceramic tile- how to fill

I have a number of holes in some of the tiles surrounding my bathtub from previous installations of shower door system. Outside of replacing the tiles, how can I fill them and with what to come to a reasonable repair. Would silicone caulk do or is there a better item.

thanks

billy

Reply to
Billy Radio

If all you want to do is keep water from running into the holes, then use silicone sealant. Keep in mind that from then on nothing else will stick to it. If you want a little eye candy, see if your local tile outlet has something you could cement over the hole. if you strike out there, try a stained glass supply store or hobby store. The stained glass people use small jewels in some of thier work that can be had in quite a variety of shapes and colors and might be an interesting variant from a dull old sealant blob. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

forget the silicone use the same colored grout you currently have now.

Reply to
Adam

I would fill them with Durham's water putty and then use acrylic paint to make the best match possible.

bathtub from

replacing the

Reply to
DanG