Hole maker

So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will this make a hole?".
I don't expect much at the walmart "home improvement" section but I didn't think things were that bad. I hope he knows he needs a drill to turn the bit.

What did you tell the guy? I'd be tempted to tell him, "No, that makes slots."
On 10/3/2011 2:19 PM, RicodJour wrote:

LOL. Sorry, I answered a simple yes. I almost asked him what he was "putting a hole in" to maybe give him a little advice but I decided he wasn't anyone I wanted to get into a conversation with.
On 10/3/2011 12:57 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:

I would have pulled out my onboard .45 taurus public defender and said "not as good as this, but yes."
--
Steve Barker

Interesting hole maker.
http://www.wimp.com/squareholes/
On 10/4/2011 9:27 PM, tom wrote:

yeah, bet that's good and cheap.
--
Steve Barker
On 10/3/2011 1:57 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:

He probably has kids to support, so letting him near power tools, unsupervised, may not be a good idea.
Mind you, I'm not flaming the guy- all of us on here started from zero DIY knowledge at some point. For most of us, it was before we could ride a two-wheeler, but some families simply do not have that heritage. I know close to zero about sports and hunting- it simply wasn't part of my world growing up. That clueless fellow probably never saw anything repaired in his life.
--
aem sends...