Hole maker

So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will this make a hole?".

I don't expect much at the walmart "home improvement" section but I didn't think things were that bad. I hope he knows he needs a drill to turn the bit.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

What did you tell the guy? I'd be tempted to tell him, "No, that makes slots."

RicodJour

LOL. Sorry, I answered a simple yes. I almost asked him what he was "putting a hole in" to maybe give him a little advice but I decided he wasn't anyone I wanted to get into a conversation with.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

I would have pulled out my onboard .45 taurus public defender and said "not as good as this, but yes."

Reply to
Steve Barker

Interesting hole maker.

tom

He probably has kids to support, so letting him near power tools, unsupervised, may not be a good idea.

Mind you, I'm not flaming the guy- all of us on here started from zero DIY knowledge at some point. For most of us, it was before we could ride a two-wheeler, but some families simply do not have that heritage. I know close to zero about sports and hunting- it simply wasn't part of my world growing up. That clueless fellow probably never saw anything repaired in his life.

Reply to
aemeijers

yeah, bet that's good and cheap.

Reply to