Hole in the bottom of the dishwasher

My wife called me at work to let me know that the kitchen was flooded. After a little investigation, it turns out that the heating element has dropped onto the floor of our fridigaire dishwasher at the back corner and melted a hole clear through.

Any thoughts on thebest way to patch the hole?

Todd...

Reply to
Todd

You could probably patch it with an epoxy. However, I would call the company who made the unit and complain. If that didn't work I would buy another unit - different style and manufacturer.

Reply to
Trader

Well, I would complain if I wasn't sure that I hadn't caused it. The heating element is on two clips, one of which I may have lodged loose last week whn I was trying to figure out why the water wasn't pumping out. A little knowledge and the usenet can be dangerous! BTW, the drain hose was plugged that time.

Thanks for the epoxy suggesti>You could probably patch it with an epoxy. However, I would call the

Todd...

Reply to
Todd

Hi, Time for new dish washer. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, If you want to try epoxy, darn make sure it is safe one for the purpose. Remember old story about a family whose dish washer was fixed using mildew resistant bath tub sealant? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
JMagerl