Hole in the bottom of the dishwasher

My wife called me at work to let me know that the kitchen was flooded. After a little investigation, it turns out that the heating element has dropped onto the floor of our fridigaire dishwasher at the back corner and melted a hole clear through.
Any thoughts on thebest way to patch the hole?
Todd...
--
Replace me with todd to reply.

You could probably patch it with an epoxy. However, I would call the company who made the unit and complain. If that didn't work I would buy another unit - different style and manufacturer.
Good luck.

Well, I would complain if I wasn't sure that I hadn't caused it. The heating element is on two clips, one of which I may have lodged loose last week whn I was trying to figure out why the water wasn't pumping out. A little knowledge and the usenet can be dangerous! BTW, the drain hose was plugged that time.
Thanks for the epoxy suggestion though. I'll give it a try and hopefully won't damage anything else.
wrote:

Todd...
--
Replace me with todd to reply.

Todd wrote:

Hi, If you want to try epoxy, darn make sure it is safe one for the purpose. Remember old story about a family whose dish washer was fixed using mildew resistant bath tub sealant? Tony

No, what happened?
--
Wayne in Phoenix

Big on natural foods?? 82.38% of people die of "natural" causes.
Todd wrote:

Hi, Time for new dish washer. Tony
Check your warranty. My dish washer has a 20 year warranty on the plastic inner shell (My brain went dead. I can't think of what to call the thing)