Hole in Ducting.

I need to cut a 4" dia hole in a 6" dia duct which is installed in place between the joists. I am considering a circular saw with a pilot drill attached to a power drill. Perhaps there are better techniques or tools?
Thanks, Peter.
Greetings,
What you suggest would work but you might just consider using a pair of snips. Consider if your pre-existing hole saw blade is for metal or wood in your decision making.
William
PVR wrote:

Drill a pilot hole then use a nibbler which cuts a thin strip. Should be able to find a cheap one for less than $10; much easier to use than tin snips on a box section already installed.
PVR wrote:

The best tool is a nibbler. Snips are second. I sure would not try to use a circular saw.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit