Hole in Driveway

I have a concrete driveway. Where it meets the poured concrete house foundation, there is a hole about two inches wide that goes down to the dirt. Its under the siding such that I cant clean it and smooth it for good patch adhesion.
What should I put in it? Should I do it in layers such that each layer dries before applying the next layer?
On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 10:24:11 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

    Why do you want to fill it in? Is it just for looks or is there a structural issue?
On 9/5/2009 12:15 PM snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spake thus:

Without knowing more, I'd say the reason for wanting to fill it is obvious: to prevent water from getting into/under the house.
For this purpose, cleaning the hole as best as possible, then throwing some cement into it, should do the trick. It doesn't need to be pristine for the cement to form a good seal, I wouldn't think. Either flush it out with water first, or stick a vacuum hose in there and suck out what debris you can.

Thanks for the replies so far.
I want to fill it to prevent water from going under the driveway through a hole.
I can't clean it because of access issues. Flushing it with water won't work, as it will just fill with muddy water. A vacuum won't fit. The best I can do is blow.
On 9/8/2009 10:40 AM snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spake thus:

Well, then blow as best you can (accompanied by probing with a coat-hanger wire or some such to dislodge debris), then fill with patching concrete of some type.
However good the repair is or isn't, it will be a hell of a lot better than having a hole there.