Hole in dorm type Fridge

My 20 something genius decided to anti-ice my little black dorm fridge and needless to say Chipped a hole in the lines in the freezer wall what should I use to stop up the hole and then what kind of repair man does this kind of recharge and last but not least is it worth the price to have it recharged (5yrs old) Thanks Irish
Denise,
Did the gas leak out? If not duct tape (see prior discussion of best duct tape...or just get the cheap stuff. :+) Also, did you pounce on the leak for a cheesy freon buzz (more asphysiation than anything...unless its ammonia, which leads to dorm evacualtions... :+).
If the coils were punctured, I'd look into a new fridge. What do they go for these days in our consumption happy society? $100? I could not imagine a repair/recharge going for much less.
Jim
Denise Baker wrote:

The repair will cost more than the fridge. Toss it nd buy a new one. Ed
Denise Baker wrote:

Forget it. It is now a boat anchor.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

This is Turtle.
But drain the oil out of it first. It will mess up the fishing.
TURTLE
dang, so that can happen? my mom used to throw a fit when i went into defrost mode as a child <g>
randy

Denise Baker wrote:

If the coolant leaked out, the fridge is a goner. Problem is, you have to have a certificate from God before the trash people will pick it up.
Best to leave it in a school yard at night.

If it is one of the real small ones, just pry it apart, smash the plastic, and fold up and hide all the metal inside a double garbage bag with some other trash. All the freon is long gone, so no point in wasting a fortune on paperwork.
aem sends...

Dont toss it !!!!! Use it as a tent toilet when you go camping......
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 04:15:59 GMT, "Denise Baker"

Just put a beer tapper in that hole and tighten securely.
It is sometimes possible to patch aluminum with "two part epoxy".
Refrigeration guy.
Generally, it's cheeper to pitch it out and buy another one when an apartment fridge is punctured.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus