Hoisting a Keg using Garage Ceiling

Simpler still (and portable) -

A suitably strong ramp for the back of the pick up and a two-wheeler with good tires (the air-filled ones are better than the solid kind, in my experience) and just roll the kegs up and down.

You can probably find a suitable handtruck at Home Depot or similar or if you want fancy, you can get one made for keg moving

And for a ramp -

I am sure all this is available locally where you are, the links are just for the examples.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Simpler still (and portable) -

A suitably strong ramp for the back of the pick up and a two-wheeler with good tires (the air-filled ones are better than the solid kind, in my experience) and just roll the kegs up and down.

You can probably find a suitable handtruck at Home Depot or similar or if you want fancy, you can get one made for keg moving

And for a ramp -

I am sure all this is available locally where you are, the links are just for the examples.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Agreed. This is all you need (I'd still like to see the load spread across two or more ceiling trusses):

Don't pay more than $5. Oh, and the biggest disadvantage to it, is lack of a brake -- maintain tension, else the load will come down. With a double pulley on the load and a triple on the ceiling, you'll be pulling only circa 40 lbs. Of course, with a 6ft lift you'll have a 24ft pile of rope on the floor. :)

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

The local home depots just started carrying it one year, maybe two years ago. And only 2 of the 3 I visit regularly have it now. The third did a closeout only a few months after getting it in. Unfortunately the strut was gone when I saw the yellow tags, but I got a good selection of misc hardware (bolts, washers, etc) for WAY less than the hardware aisle.

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

Back it up right to the chest freezer, lift, swing, lower. Ahh. :)

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler