Hobart Toaster Wiring Diagram Needed

Hi. I have a Hobart ET27-4 commercial grade 4-slice toaster. It is a 208/240 volt model. The only way I can get it to toast anything in any of the 4 slots is to push both levers down. I should be able to toast 2 slices at once, im pretty sure. Im thinking it is just wired wrong and am looking for a wiring diagram. Any help HIGHLY appreciated. TIA
I used to repair those or at least similar models when they were made by GE, unfortunately I can't remember the internal wiring. I think you're on the right track though. There should be 8- 55 volt or 120 volt element plates. If they're 55 volt, each set of 4 is wired in series and fed across a 240 volt circuit. If they're 120 volt, each pair is wired in series, then the two left pairs and the two right pairs are connected in parallel across the 240 volt circuit

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:14:28 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

I sure appreciate the replies. Turns out, the spade lug connector for the ground wire of the AC mains wasnt crimped on properly, and had "let go" of the wire itself inside the toaster's terminal block. Floating ground. No reference. Not good. Such an easy fix. My face is red and the toast is brown. Thank you all again.