HOA to evict 6-year old

Page 7 of 8

I have one kid, no grandkids yet. If I had been in the Florida couple's situation at the beginning of the mess, and **IF** it's true that the house was inherited, I would've been out the door quickly after the complaints became serious. Anything to avoid having the little girl end up in foster care.
Hopefully, this case will be heard by a real judge, not some local town justice like the kind we have in many small New York towns, with little or no legal training.
It's not only a rule. It's a law. A community, under Federal and State guidelines cannot be considered an adult community and cannot benefit as an adult community unless at least one homeowner is 55 or over and NO children under 21 will be living in the house. These are Federal and State guidelines so stop your crap in blaming the HOA.
On 12/30/09 09:56 am, HeyBub wrote:

I had read of a somewhat similar case (except that the child in question was a high-school senior whose sole surviving parent had died. The grandparents were the only family members with whom she could live without having to change schools part-way through her senior year). A while later, at a "Senior Expo," I asked the manager of a senior-housing complex what would have happened in his complex in such circumstances. He said that since they get special tax (property tax?) breaks for senior-only housing, he would have had to evict the girl also.
I am no fan of HOAs and live in a community without one, but can we be sure that in the case in question there are not some other relevant factors?
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I'm not fond of HOAs and condos, either. Equal dislike of spoiled, trashy, rude and undisciplined kids. We have one teen brat who often tosses her fast food trash in the parking lot or atrium. Other adult children who have been drunks and druggies, having loud arguments, letting pets run loose, trashing former residence, etc. There are very good reasons for people to live in seniors-only homes - one is that people who have never had kids don't want them around. Understandable and a good choice for some people. The hoodlum element also prey on elderly, which is an issue I have only recently begun to contemplate.

In the traditionionally styled "bedroom communities", it is well known that there is a cyclical pattern to burglaries, other home invasions. The young ones get to their teen years, are bored or looking for different "family figures", and get into the "gansta" stuff. Then they get old enough to get away from home, and they mature and settle down, or they take their behaviour elsewhere, generally to an area that allows rental.
Eliminate the presence of the kids, and considerably reduce the crime rate in an area. Forbid rentals, and reduce it again.
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:56:36 -0600, "HeyBub"

That's nothing. I can't park my Honda Gold Wing at my friends HOA controlled condo in Clearwater. No motorcycles allowed even though mine is more quiet than most 4 wheel vehicles.
HeyBub wrote the following:

Florida is a human's Elephant graveyard

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

HeyBub wrote:

I didn't expect such a long thread with such emphatic advocates on all sides of the issue.
Still, the topic generated some thoughtful analysis, so it wasn't a total waste of time. Amazingly everybody's in agreement that HOAs are the spawn of Satan and those who sit on HOA boards should be cremated and the ashes scattered.
Take no chances.
I suspect that a few HOA are operated by power mad petty feifdom dictators. Fortunately, most HOA are operated by direct lineal descendants of Josef Stalin, Pol Pot, and Bennito Mussilini.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

the War of Northern Aggression.
Oren wrote:

Depends on how you look at it. I prefer "Our Second War of Independence." Sometimes "The Recent Unplesantness."
HeyBub wrote:

people. HOAs are lovely without the people running them or violating the by-laws.
YES WE ALL KNOW HOW DOES IT FEEL WHEN YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR SOMETHING'S IN YOU LIFE. "ONCE USELESS ALWAYS USELESS"!

Grumpy wrote:

Ah, yes. At the beginning of the last century a compendium of set theory was produced (set theory at that time was the foundation for all of mathematics).
The author got a brief note from Bertrand Russel. It was too late to change the book - the author was editing the page proofs) so he added a preface to the tome (paraphrasing):
"One hopes that the reader never experiences the devastation visited upon his life's work by the asking of a single question."
The question that Bertrand Russel asked?
Here's the popularized version:
Given: There is a male barber in a small town that shaves every man in the town who does not shave himself.
Question: Who shaves the barber?
There are three possibilities: * He shaves himself, * He isn't shaved at all. * Someone else shaves him.
All three possibilities violate the given condition.

AlGore?
HeyBub wrote:

Not the first two, according to the syntax provided in your "given" statement".
Jon
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 12:23:39 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

The barber female.

Missed the fifth word, didja? "Given: There is a MALE barber ..."

shaved at all, then he is part of the set of "every man in town who does not shave himself" and therefore *is* shaved by the barber -- a contradiction.