HOA to evict 6-year old

{out of usual lurk mode} These statements demonstrate that the family in question and the OP are worlds apart, even in the US.

Most kids put in this situation are not "decisions to have a child" in the first place. Accidents happen, prostitution for drugs happens, irresponsible use of contraception happens.

With that premise in mind, having funds to raise the child is not even a consideration. Adoption is not usually considered because of loss of medicaid when parental rights are signed over. Having the estimated tens of thousands of dollars it takes to raise a child to the age of 18 does not ever enter into the equation. That money comes from John and Jane Taxpayer.

They can breed 'em. Almost like rabbits, I sometimes think. That is their constitutional and inalienable right, and none of us can even Try to take that away from "them". You and I feed 'em and care for them, through WIC, ADC, Medicaid, etc etc.

Grandma and Grandpa may have aged into middle class and brought granddaughter into it by default of Mother's drug habit. I would be skeptical that Mother is a member of the middle class, and would not have acquired the sense of responsibility reflected in your post, above. Totally different worlds.

FWIW, I've taken care of these folks from the obstetric (delivered them) and gynecologic (contraception and sterilization) perspectives, and now from the psychiatric (read ADHD, coke kids, drug abuse in kids and adults, kids on foster care, foster parents thinking they have guardianship when they do not, narcissistic senses of entitlement, and people who otherwise want what they want when they want it.) Totally different world compared to the white collar community in which I was raised.

Linda H., M.D.

Reply to
Linda Hungerford

"Sanity" wrote

Am I reading that correctly, then, that in a part B development, that 20% can be under the age of 55? That would change a lot.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Yes but if you go into the fine print of the details there is still no permitting of under 21's allowed. When I lived in Florida I lived in a small HOA of 33 homes. 6.6 homes were available for under 55. Anyway, the builder sold 7 units to under 55 and there was a possible problem there. Luckily one of those buyers backed out for financial reasons and the problem never came to hurt us as we would have lost our adult community status.

Reply to
Sanity

horray! ban all the kiddies!!!

Reply to
Stepfann King

In the traditionionally styled "bedroom communities", it is well known that there is a cyclical pattern to burglaries, other home invasions. The young ones get to their teen years, are bored or looking for different "family figures", and get into the "gansta" stuff. Then they get old enough to get away from home, and they mature and settle down, or they take their behaviour elsewhere, generally to an area that allows rental.

Eliminate the presence of the kids, and considerably reduce the crime rate in an area. Forbid rentals, and reduce it again.

Reply to
Michael B

¿¿¿¿

"almost always"

Other than human beings, who else sells illegal drugs? Is that what the deer are doing in my yard all night?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They're using vending machines now. Even though the machine says "Coca Cola", they're selling coke in a can now.

Reply to
Sanity

Mr. Salty

Ignorance is down fall in any society, however so is no responsibility!

In these country at present time and have been for long time, there is people

out there they make babies like rabbets, cats or misses and this arrogant SOBs

are proud of it, they do not care who is going to feed them, educate them or

keep them healthy because they know that are having bleeding harts that

will be taking care of, by your and my taxes "do you think that's fairy".

They are women out there with 6 to 12 kids with no known fathers,

The parents that go on drugs and alcohol put them to work hard labor

As it was done many years ago,"Inhumane my foot", let them work instead put

them in luxury jails with TVs exercise machines ETC.

But mentalities of our government and Supreme Court dummies don't see it that

way. So the tax payer of this country including those on social security

that barely or hardly covers their living expenses paying for it. Please don't even

mention medications that most of seniors had to cope with averaging around

$3000.00 per year. Now after 50 for me 55 years of full time work, me and seniors

should be expect some one going to come and tell me that I got to feed and bring up

this bustards Sorry I am fred not, that is reason for rules at senior living communities.

I do not have anything against the children but parents of these children should

be executed then I will say lets contribute and bring up these kids right way.

I came from Europe as USA citizen with 6 grade of elementary schooling,

I have two kids grown up and educated no one have contribute single penny

for they education Federal or State all money came from my hard work

and they part time work so I do not need hear about ignorance.

Presently we are giving education in how many forging languages none was

giving to me in forging or English if they want to learn let them learn hard

way as I have and lot others did. In my town we can reduce taxes by 30%

if only English was taught.

I know that I am little of the subject but like audience know where

I am coming from, it is necessary that we all need to take in

Consideration all facts and not bear header of the page.

Reply to
Grunpy

I'm curious: What is your first language? Spanish?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Croatian

Reply to
Grumpy

Depends on how you look at it. I prefer "Our Second War of Independence." Sometimes "The Recent Unplesantness."

Reply to
HeyBub

Sretna nova godina!

Sretna nova godina!

Reply to
Sanity

Tako i vama sve najbolje

Grumpy

YES WE ALL KNOW HOW DOES IT FEEL WHEN YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR SOMETHING'S IN YOU LIFE. "ONCE USELESS ALWAYS USELESS"!

Reply to
Grumpy

Ah, yes. At the beginning of the last century a compendium of set theory was produced (set theory at that time was the foundation for all of mathematics).

The author got a brief note from Bertrand Russel. It was too late to change the book - the author was editing the page proofs) so he added a preface to the tome (paraphrasing):

"One hopes that the reader never experiences the devastation visited upon his life's work by the asking of a single question."

The question that Bertrand Russel asked?

Here's the popularized version:

Given: There is a male barber in a small town that shaves every man in the town who does not shave himself.

Question: Who shaves the barber?

There are three possibilities:

  • He shaves himself,
  • He isn't shaved at all.
  • Someone else shaves him.

All three possibilities violate the given condition.

Reply to
HeyBub

AlGore?

Reply to
Steve B

Not the first two, according to the syntax provided in your "given" statement".

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

This one is as old as dinosaur stuff. The barber female.

Reply to
Metspitzer

The second one does indeed violate the given condition: if the barber isn't shaved at all, then he is part of the set of "every man in town who does not shave himself" and therefore *is* shaved by the barber -- a contradiction.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Missed the fifth word, didja? "Given: There is a MALE barber ..."

Reply to
Doug Miller