HOA to evict 6-year old

Page 6 of 8

I never knew that about Florida. Learn something new every day.
Cheri
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote the following:

Read the message I was quoting, especially this part:
"It would require a HUGE change in taxes. Over half the annual budget for any community with children goes for _schools_."
Note the word 'schools' in the last sentence. That is what I was responding to or, if you're a pedant with English usage, That is to which I was responding.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

You are very confused.
mm wrote:

What a terrible idea. Despite what some people think, other people's lives do not have to revolve around children. Thankfully, the law allows citizens of a certain age the option to live in age-restricted communities, for their own comfort and safety. 99% of communities in the US allow children. There's no need to make it 100%.
If anything, we need to start designating more public spaces as adults-only. Kind of like non-smoking sections, but make them adults-only sections. Let the parents listen to the kiddies scream in the general seating while adults without children have a peaceful meal/movie/plane flight in the adults section, surrounded only by other adults. We need to make becoming adult something kids once again aspire to, and that won't happen unless we reinstate the notion of adult privileges. That creates something for children to want to achieve. A rite of passage, so to speak.

That is one of the options mentioned in the news.

An option could have been to bring the infant to the fire department and abandon it but that wasn't done either. What don't you understand? They were and are in violation of the rules. If you don't like the rules, don't move into an adult community. If you're so worried about the child and the grandparents, do them a favor and take the child into your home. That would solve all the problems. The grandparents could continue to live in an adult home and the child could live with a juvenile father in his home.

The fact that they are in violation of the rules does not change the fact that a judge may order the kid to be placed in foster care. What don't YOU understand?
Did you even read the article?

Yes, I read the article. And what don't you understand that if the grandparents do not move out of this development and are still violating the law, the judge could put the child into foster car. Let me ask you a question. Do you stop for a red light? Do you pay taxes? Why? IT'S THE LAW AND IF YOU DIDN'T YOU'D BE IN VIOLATION AND SUBJECT TO ALL THE PENALTIES SPECIFIED. Let the grandparents move out of there and the problem is solved.

My overarching point here is that placing the child in foster care is a crap shoot, especially in states like Florida which have had serious problems with their social services agencies. Which would cause the greater harm to society? Putting the kid in a home where she's abused, or a judge telling the HOA that they need to chill for as long as it takes for the grandparents' home to sell?

sell if not forced to?

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of houses don't sell for no good reason, even if the price is just right.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

legal custody of grandchildren could be excepted, the kid could stay, it would be an infrequent situation, and would probably not be discriminatory.
Sanity wrote the following:

IT"S NOT THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't understand the difference between the 'LAW" and 'rules'. Federal and State laws supersede rules, especially when it comes to discrimination.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Sanity wrote the following:

The question is, did they move into the community with a child (a violation of the rules), or did they become unavoidably burdened with a family member under the age of 55 after they moved in? It seems like there is an abundance of single, impotent, or just crotchety people in here. I
Bill In Hamptonburgh, NY In the original Orange County. Est. 1683 To email, remove the double zeroes after @
The Federal or State law do not differentiate. It states "No one under 21 can be a permanent resident."
willshak wrote:

course,fed., state, county, city, as long as there is not a conflict.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:

It sounds like that if you were the grandparents, you wouldn't oppose that order. True?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

That is an erroneous conclusion.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:

Joe, I don't want to think the worst of you, but, Pray tell, what is your conclusion, so we can better understand your position? If your grandchild had to live with you, save your reasons to not have him/her live with you, what would you do? Be forced to move out because of some Rule? Better yet, answer this. Do you have children or grand children? Do you want the best for them?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY