HOA to evict 6-year old

I suspect that a few HOA are operated by power mad petty feifdom dictators. Fortunately, most HOA are operated by direct lineal descendants of Josef Stalin, Pol Pot, and Bennito Mussilini.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have one kid, no grandkids yet. If I had been in the Florida couple's situation at the beginning of the mess, and **IF** it's true that the house was inherited, I would've been out the door quickly after the complaints became serious. Anything to avoid having the little girl end up in foster care.

Hopefully, this case will be heard by a real judge, not some local town justice like the kind we have in many small New York towns, with little or no legal training.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Steve B wrote the following:

Ho-hum. You bring up vehicles, property maintenance, and other non-issues. You apparently don't have children or grandchildren, so you can't emphasize with people that do. Besides, why are you responding to my post? Didn't you killfile me over the 'star drill' thread we had 2 years ago, when you admonished others to not respond to my "troll" messages? Please killfile me again. Thank you.

Bill In Hamptonburgh, NY In the original Orange County. Est. 1683 To email, remove the double zeroes after @

Reply to
willshak

And you don't have adult communities in your area?

Reply to
Sanity

They've already had six years. Do you think they'd make an honest attempt to sell if not forced to?

Reply to
Sanity

And an Adult community is approved by Federal and State laws. The docs concerning children in a adult community are in accordance with Federal and State laws so don't tell me there's a difference between law and rules.

Reply to
Sanity

And why don't you study up on federal and state law concerning adult communities before mouthing off with your unintelligent remarks?

Reply to
Sanity

It's not only a rule. It's a law. A community, under Federal and State guidelines cannot be considered an adult community and cannot benefit as an adult community unless at least one homeowner is 55 or over and NO children under 21 will be living in the house. These are Federal and State guidelines so stop your crap in blaming the HOA.

Reply to
Sanity

Look up this statute and learn:

Federal Register 24 CFT Part 100; 760.24-760.37 (4a) - Fla. Statute

Reply to
Sanity

TYVM. I shall. I got a new computer and lost that plonk list. I have three children. One is an interpreter in the Arkansas Justice System. One is a sergeant in homeland security, I cannot say which city. Babysat Joe Biden recently. One just finished his masters in industrial psychology, but still doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up. I have five grandchildren I know of. Two are with us this week while their two LEO parents work the hectic New Year's in a city of over 1.5 million.

Please see my last post where I say it is the child that will suffer most. And I commend your memory. Boy, have you been holding that inside for two years? That must hurt. I don't even remember what you're talking about. You should learn to let go.

Wish I could say it's been nice talking to you.

Warm Regards,

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

If that happened tomorrow to living people, how do you think that would shake out?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of houses don't sell for no good reason, even if the price is just right.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not a waste of time. HOA's can be compared to Carpetbaggers, after the War of Northern Aggression.

Reply to
Oren

Addiction isn't exact science....lots of nurture involved. I'm not being judgemental, just looking at the stated history of the situation.

Strike 1: daughter has apparent long-term drug problem. Strike 2: No father of the child mentioned Strike 3: Grandparents are...ingnorant?...believe rules don't apply to them? (They aren't actually rules, it is LAW).

Yeh, lots of good parents have kids with serious problems, but addiction and alcoholism have a great deal to do with childhood abuse and neglect. There is also familial tendency. The fact that the child has apparently been in custody of grandparents all of her life points to severity of family problems.

Reply to
norminn

Hindsight....if the HOA had a clause in it's bylaws that residents with legal custody of grandchildren could be excepted, the kid could stay, it would be an infrequent situation, and would probably not be discriminatory.

Reply to
norminn

They're kind of like guns...it isn't guns that kill people, it is people. HOAs are lovely without the people running them or violating the by-laws.

Reply to
norminn

Sanity wrote the following:

The question is, did they move into the community with a child (a violation of the rules), or did they become unavoidably burdened with a family member under the age of 55 after they moved in? It seems like there is an abundance of single, impotent, or just crotchety people in here. I

Bill In Hamptonburgh, NY In the original Orange County. Est. 1683 To email, remove the double zeroes after @

Reply to
willshak

In Florida, condo and HOA documents have the weight of law, after, of course,fed., state, county, city, as long as there is not a conflict.

Reply to
norminn

The Federal or State law do not differentiate. It states "No one under 21 can be a permanent resident."

Reply to
Sanity

or, if you're a pedant with English usage,

You are very confused.

Reply to
salty