HOA strikes again

Page 1 of 2
"[FT WORTH AREA]Tuesday morning, Simmons pulled his SUV up onto his Mansfield lawn and close to his front door to unload several heavy bags of laundry from work. He then left the vehicle there while he fixed breakfast for his kids. "
Within 45 minutes his SUV was drug off and disposed of.
That'll teach 'em!
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090617_mo_hoabattle.8f26491b.html
HeyBub wrote:

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090617_mo_hoabattle.8f26491b.html

I would have a heart attack....and then the board would have the ambulance towed away :o)
I think HOAs can devalue a house as well as keep its value. I passed up a home I wanted to buy because the HOA dictated what kind of hoiliday decorations were allowable. I have a 18 foot star that would be banned, but all my neighbors like it.

Oh, they definitely take away value from a property.
But, but ...
Governments LOVE them. HOAs can routinely do things that even the most fascist of governments would hesitate to take on.

From what I have seen HOAs are usually ruled by a few HOA facist. It always happenes this way because anyone can iforce the rules so a few busy bodies alwys wind up sticking their nose in everyone elses business..
Jimmie

Why do you post these things? It's not exactly news - even if it makes the paper - that HOAs do stupid things. Surely you have more interesting stuff.
RicodJour wrote:

Okay, you're point's well taken. Here's some random pickin's
=====================
BARREL MONSTER FOLLOW-UP
The construction company wants the artist to make another.
Go figure.
http://news14.com/content/top_stories/610811/arrest-leads-to-fame-for--barrel-monster--creator/Default.aspx
----------------------
THOSE DUMB-ASS BRINKS COMMERCIALS
"...they perpetuate the stereotype that, no matter what else is happening, a woman will always drop everything to answer the phone. If someone just broke into your house ... are you going to run to answer the phone if it rings? "
But the article goes on with commentary on women and guns
http://chicagoboyz.net/archives/7520.html
Here's another commentary:
"When the male phone clerk from the security company calls the house and says that he will summon the police for her, the woman is almost wet with gratitude. 'Thank you!' she breathes into the handset."
http://www.hellinahandbasket.net/2008/12/not-exactly-useless.htm
P.S. I'm gonna add "almost wet with gratitude" to my repertoire.
-------------- PRESTON TUCKER'S COMBAT CAR
Article with archival footage of the car's capabilities
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/17/video-archival-footage-reveals-preston-tuckers-novel-military /
------------------
WORLD'S SHORTEST SLASHER MOVIE And topical advertisement
Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1_NY4n2rg0&feature=related

--------------- SEATTLE POOP SHINES LASER AT AIRPLANE
The airplane, however, was a state police plane equipped with telephoto FLIR.
The state police presently had an in-depth discussion with the ass-hat.
With video http://www.liveleak.com/view?i 3_1245182005
------------------ ONLY 4 STARBUCKS IN THE WHOLE TOWN- SNIFF
Detroit. Population 900,000.
No Chrysler or Jeep dealership. No national chain bookstores. No national chain grocery stores. No Walmart.
"Navigating zoning rules and other red tape to develop land for big-box stores that might cater to a low-income clientele is daunting."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124510185111216455.html
--------------

Wow, people think USENET is a waste of time, but picking up lines like that make all the reading worth while. That's a keeper
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Here's another I picked up on USENET:
"He bitched like the third monkey on Noah's gangplank..."

I have two friends living in HMA subdivisions. I told them when they moved there I wouldn't visit. And I don't.

Which just goes to show, just as there are extreme kooks on HOA and condo boards, so too are there in the general population.

Which just goes to show, just as there are extreme kooks on HOA and condo boards, so too are there in the general population.
I have no desire to park three blocks away for a brief visit, and don't want to trouble them to drive me to my truck (which can't be parked at their house) if it's raining at my departure time. For my grandmother who lives in a different HOA area, I'll take my chances, but she's almost 80 and has to run pickup service for her other visitors. She lives there because she has no other choice since her husband died. Great situation!

Which was probably a huge incentive for them to move there. ;-)
Cheir
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:32:26 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090617_mo_hoabattle.8f26491b.html
If you read this updated story you will find that Simmons had done this several times before and did in fact receive a warning letter:
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090618_mo_hoas.3aac452.html
An excerpt: After News 8's report, the Remington Ranch HOA showed a written warning sent to Simmons back in May for parking on his yard. The note threatened to tow if he did it again. Simmons conceded he has done it on occasion, loading or unloading."
Kuskokwim wrote:

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090618_mo_hoas.3aac452.html
Mr. simmons needs to either move, or get himself and a few like-minded friends elected to the HOA board.
RB wrote:

No, what the pussy needs to do is get a shotgun and defend his property. Then sue the shit out of the HOA and have it dissolved.

I can understand a HOA suing a guy for violating the rules but towing from private property requires permission of the owner in Florida. I assumed you could shoot someone for messin with your truck in Texas. The tow truck was trespassing.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Nope. Our building code can cite an auto that is "inoperable" - no/expired tags is one indication. Our condo allows only two vehicles per unit - each unit has a reserved space, and there is an additional unmarked space for each unit. We can tow anyone who doesn't belong.

What I meant to say is that inoperable vehicles can be towed from our lot as long as there is a towing sign. The sign requirement is state-wide, AFAIK....all over the place.
Our condo allows only two vehicles

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:18:47 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

It is clear this was NOT an inoperable car. If your CONDO is towing it is from common property. The HOA citation indicates this is single family. The car sounds like it was on his own yard. The HOA can fine him but I am still not sure how they get the right to enter his property and tow. In Florida, if the county wants to remove trash, cars or whatever, from private property they still need a judgement from an administrative court after posting notice and waiting 15 days. They can't even mow the lawn without posting notice.