HOA & Resident dispute fence color

Twelve foot fence. Carmel vs. Pina colada. Winner was "dulce de leche."
$85,000 in arbitration costs.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/eastsidenews/2003911813_redmondfence29e.html

Absolute insanity!
Many years ago I had witness to a government employee; suspended for one day. Instead of accepting the person's appeal and giving back the day of pay they fly in lawyers and an arbitrator, cost for witness appearance, etc.
Point..they spent thousands to keep from paying a day of wage. Arbitrator ruled for the employee.
This happens every day with your tax dollars :)
-- Oren

ALMOST makes ya want to be a lawyer, huh?
Steve
on 9/29/2007 8:11 PM SteveB said the following:

You have to be a psychopath to make it worth while.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY