Hiring illegal help

Page 1 of 2
Greetings!
I recently needed some concrete work done here in AZ. We have a lot of illegal Mexicans down here. I decided to give them a try. I got off real cheap on my stamped concrete work. They work from morning till dark, at a rate of about $4.25 an hour. Nice work if I might say so myself!
I'm hiring them to do some stucco work.
My question is, why is everyone against illegals? Hey, they work cheap! Just toss them a beer every now and then, and in their drunken stupor, they'll agree to anything.

They must be Non-Union illegal?

Non-Union or Union - illegal?

It really is like giving a "legal" worker a coffee break. I still have to re-train them.
HTH
-- Oren

Come back with that question when they are doing YOUR job, or your kids job, etc...
Aztec wrote:

What kind of stamp were you using and how much did you pay for it?
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

To save you a bit of money, it cost the rest of us tax payers money - lots of money. If they have kids, tax money goes to educate them at roughly $10,000 to $12,000 per year per kid. If they get sick, they go to a hospital ER and can't / don't pay. Out insurance and or hospital bills are higher as a result. They probably pay no federal taxes but at your slave labor pay, they most likely are on welfare. You know who pays for that.
Need I go on? I hope I have done something to relieve a bit of your ignorance.
Bob-tx

Guy's probably a troll, but candidly, the illegals that are working do not bother me. Their women walking in the park dragging around a lot of kids do bother me. This is the next welfare generation.

They come here to HAVE their kids,so they become US citizens. THAT has to change. One should only become a citizen at birth from *US* citizens.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

hey do that from day one and the only citizens will be american indians.
we should invite the world, at least all young immigrants to fix our social security disaster in making

that day is LONG past.

Its not engraved in granite that one born in the US by foreign visitors is automaticallly a US citizen;it can be changed,if the US people wish to do so.
IMO,inviting more young immigrants is not going to "fix" Social Security,it was a scam from the beginning. Our legislators did not even invest the SS funds,they spent them,Wrote IOUs for the funds.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

They won't be spreading pinestraw forever. They came here for a better life, and they will have it. At what cost to the rest of us, is the question.
-- bruce The dignified don't even enter in the game. -- The Jam
http://tinyurl.com/4sarw | http://www.cafepress.com/notdifficult http://postingwillbelight.blogspot.com http://atlantarofters.blogspot.com http://is-3.blogspot.com

so you dont want them to better themselves?
you can either accept low pay immigrants to the US or see china take the business and jobs

What is it about "illegal" that you don't understand? Maybe you could get an escaped convict who just wants to better himself to work for you cheap.
Bob-tx

Well hell, both of those things are happening anyway! And don't forget India, taking all the phone-bot jobs.
-- bruce The dignified don't even enter in the game. -- The Jam

I thought of that as well, but it gave me a chance to get on my soapbox and express my feelings about one of my hot buttons, the other being the totally unfair National Sales Tax that is being proposed. I may post on that off topic subject later. Bob-tx
Bob wrote:

Hmm. What you're saying is that we MUST hire illegals and pay them cheaply thereby recovering some of the money we HAVE to pay in taxes and insurance.
The alternative is to deport all the illegals. Until that happens, however, simple economics mandates we hire as many illegals as possible.
Thanks for pointing this out.

The alternative is not to deport them, but to fine anyone or any business a huge amount per illegal per day. Make it enough that it might even put them out of business. Who cares, they are cheaters anyway. Also stop all free education, free medical service, and welfare for illegals.
Then when no one will hire illegals, they will soon find their way home, after all, they found their way here.
Bob-tx

Or they will turn to crime.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Bob wrote:

Well, *I* can't fine them, arrest them, or deport them. *I* can't fine or sanction anyone who hires them. *I* can't stop the free education, medical services, or welfare. What *I* can do, in fact what I MUST do, is pay the taxes to support these endeavors.
Now it seems to me that if I have to pay the taxes to support the illegals - and I do - it's just common sense that I get something for my money - therefore, I should hire them every chance I get.
You've given me a whole new outlook on the problem. Thanks for the thought-provoking exercise.

because they *commit crimes*,besides the first one of coming here illegally.
It's also a form of slavery.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik