Hijacked

Oh, I don't care if it's rainin' or muddy, I always got my plastic buddy, Right there on the dashboard of my car........
I don't care if it rains of freezes, I always have my plastic Jesus, Right there on the dashboard of my car ......
Can't be. He just mowed my lawn, and built my home addition.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Ed Mc wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks to the misleading subject line, I was unaware of the smoking discussion.
I've traced the problem back to the OP. If he didn't know what the thread was supposed to be about, he should not have posted.
I've said much the same thing, several times. No one appears to pay much attention to me, either.
Outdoors, I've smelled a lit cigarette within a minute, at over 100 feet, on a calm day.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Ed Mc wrote:

that continues on about smoking. You don't have to waste your time reading anything, or waste space with YOUR useless message.

You raise a good point here. I was thinking just yesterday about the pros and cons of legal abortion, of federalism versus a strong central government versus a weak central government with strong state governments.
Also the state of international law, self-reliance, unwed mothers, vaccination scares, and genetic testing.
And of course, how all of these relate to home repair.
I'm interested in everyone's opinion, so come on y'all. Join in.

Even my opinion? Being a smoker, I have an inferior IQ it was said. But at least I'm not dumb enough to say such a thing. My shoes all have TGIF on them as a reminder...that Toes Go In First.

fyi, nothing is more tedious than an idiot who persists in trying to be funny.
--
EA

== If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. ==

Or a critic.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

Yeah, that's about par for the self-obsessed maudlinesque TR, who proves that even ADHD near-psychopaths, hell-bent on shooting every goddamm living thing that moved into the crosshairs of his rifle scope, can find time to write -- poorly. goodgawd.....
His nature conservancy would appear to be to have more things to shoot, more conveniently. Fortunately, he displayed somewhat less pathology toward his own kind. And, without TR, Hemmingway would have role-model-less.
Heh, Congress is beyond criticizing, those muthafuckas just need euthanizing, all 550 of'em, along with the 5,500 very highly paid lobbyists in DC...... Or, mebbe save on fairly expensive chemicals, and just tie them all behind a pickup truck, and drive for a few hours at 20 mph......
Also, doing and criticism are not mutually exclusive, either -- esp. constructive criticism. Cold Fusion certainly needed some critiquing, no? Altho, admittedly, the comment at hand was not really intended as constructive, since, well, it was directed at an idiot. The most you can hope for with an idiot is that they eventually just stfu.
--
EA

Thank you. Good bye.
Existential Angst wrote:

*I* think idiots are funny, trying or not.

Good point. As long as they keep sed idiocy relatively short.
--
EA

"mm" wrote

Heheh it's called thread drift. Happens all the time. If not interested, I delete. If interested, I normally just quietly read such thread drifts.

STOP, SCOTTY. DO NOT BEAM ME UP! There actually IS intelligent life here.
Nice one, cshenk.
Steve
cshenk wrote:

Real Life discussions work the same. Have you ever noticed that party conversation or BS sessions at the supply house often go off on wild tangents that have nothing to do with the original topic of conversation? That's what makes it entertaining. I feel sorry for those dismal individuals who can't enjoy a lively chin wag.
TDD
"mm" wrote

Heheh it's called thread drift. Happens all the time. If not interested, I delete. If interested, I normally just quietly read such thread drifts.

Sir,
The above mentioned thread was not Hijacked. Closer attention demonstrates that the OP found his solution to the drill problem and posted back in the thread.
After that! It is "Katie bar the door".
Sincerely,
Hall Monitor