Hijacked

Page 1 of 2

    I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely, "Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.
Ed Mc wrote:

Ed, thank you for your comment. We have investigated the thread you referenced, and we can verify that there is indeed a lapse of content unrelated to the legitimate home repair topic.
At this time, content enforcers have been sent to interview several of the authors, and I can assure you that all steps will be taken to assure that this never happens again.
Again, thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.
Jon Danniken Usenet Authority #876
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 06:57:15 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

I hope these Usenet Violators are sent to one of the usenet concentration camps to be beaten and tortured, and later they face the firing squad. According to the authorities, there will be at least one of these camps in every state in the USA, as well as other countries by July of 2010. It's about time!
usenet snipped-for-privacy@online.com wrote:

Whew! Finally! Something else to do other than read Usenet drivel :o)
On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 14:12:39 -0600, usenet snipped-for-privacy@online.com wrote:

I think Obama wants to send them to Thompson Illinois.
[snip]

And airline passengers must be naked and anesthetized.

But wait! There's More!!
It's the Internet/usenet. Deal.

Oh, I thought that was the purpose of NG's...???

You posted this to the wrong newsgroup. You need to go to alt.home.snivel.
nb
Ed Mc wrote:

Beware of us agent provocateurs, we will set you up to make you violate the rules so we can take you down.
TDD

They just busted down my door. I've been sentenced to lose my Johnson at the public square for all to see.

Will someone please post the pictures on YouTube for those of us that can't make the event...
Joe

Will someone please post the pictures on YouTube for those of us that can't make the event...
Joe
Reply:
And do NOT forget to start a thread on that. So we can entrap more hijackers. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! No, not that one, Mildred!
Steve

Just lie. Tell 'em it's an Evinrude.

== "Hijacking a thread" is common operating procedure for UseNet...just read backwards until you get to the original subject. ==

Ya, love Vetting, I have a Vette, my brother has a Vette. We drive to the monthly Vette club meeting and swap Vette stories. Anybody else drive a Vette? Huh, wa, oh, that's not what you meant? oh, that is what you meant. Mike
amdx wrote:

Lets hijack this thread and turn it into a car thread! Vettes suck, AC Cobra all the way! ROTFLMAO
TDD
Oh, gosh, that's wild. I have driven Chevrolet for a lot of years. I don't want to get Onstar, and have someone else make all my decisions for me. "Oh, should I stop and go pee? I'd better press my blue button!"
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

'53 Chevy was a fine car.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2yoph8y.jpg
Oren wrote:

Hey You! Pull over! We know you're hiding Mexicans in the car, where are they?
TDD
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:10:55 -0600, The Daring Dufas
[snip]

Jesus is in the trunk :)