High water power cut off?

Page 2 of 2

I'd better check that... I don't think the outlet in there is GFCI, but maybe it's on a GFCI breaker.
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That\'s a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.
On Feb 2, 5:03am, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

You should be able to set up the exterior plumbing on the sump discharge so that it does not ice up causing a blockage. As others have pointed out, using an oversize pipe, making sure it's sloped down all the way, etc. should help. You might also want to have a fail- safe feature so that water can still escape outside even if there is a blockage further down. For example, the pipe coming out from the house points down and ends above the open end of the drain pipe, creating an air gap (like a spigot poised above a drain). If the drain pipe is clogged the water can still exit the sump discharge pipe - it might be coming out right next to the house but that is still better than inside the house. That does make it more noisy though.