High Tech Wiring / Security contractors - Puget Sound area

I'm not sure if this is on topic for the group, but I'm having trouble finding recommendations from other sources.

I'm looking for a company who can advise and probably implement part or all of some high-tech wiring improvements to the house I just moved in to. Preferably in the Bellevue/Kirkland area, but anywhere around Puget Sound might be OK.

I don't need a total solution for all rooms if it is too hard, but I want to add the following:

  • Speaker wires beyond the couple there currently. (It would be helpful to trace the additional speaker wires that don't seem to go anywhere else). Ideally, local control in the two or three rooms with speakers.
  • Home run phone wires.
  • Home run Ethernet wires. I can live with some wireless, but I want some hardwiring to critical areas.
  • Wiring for security system. I want to find an installer who will sell me the system (or preferably allow me to use my own that integrates home automation) rather than rent, and allow me to choose their central monitoring or an independent service. I'm anticipating some wireless coverage, but would like as many points as possible hard wired.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
5Circles

For the home entertainment, might try video in the yellow pages.

Electricians may be able to advise you on who can do the wiring. Also electricians are experts at running wires in existing construction.

One of the two above might be able to do everything including phone, but probably not the security wiring.

Reply to
Bill

Do some Internet research on structured media. You will find lots of resources and folks selling the products you need to get it done. You already know what you want, so I'd recommend you buy the stuff and just install it yourself. I put a system and structured media enclosure in my house not too long ago, and it was not too hard. I have home-runs of phone, Ethernet and satellite TV going to my structured media panel. Sometime in the future, I want to add whole-house audio.

You will find that you can save a bundle doing it yourself. The techno-nerds charge big bucks to install this stuff.

Good Luck!!

Reply to
J.A. Michel

For networking/security, consider Power over Ethernet(PoE) appliances, like cameras that can be monitored and powered with one cable. You will need a special router, PoE capable.

You'd have mostly CAT6 wiring everywhere, to take advantage of 1gig ethernet also, which would be advantageous for HD media streaming everywhere.

samurai.

Reply to
samurai