High-heat adhesive for oven door?

I rent an apartment with a relatively new, great condition GE gas oven. The only trouble with it is that the broiler door is attached to its brackets (door > door hinge > sliding broiler base) by four simple sheet metal screws. These screws continually loosen and fall out. By now they are clearly stripping the edges of their holes, so the problem gets worse. I had thought of two possible solutions to this problem: (1) replace the screws with bolts -- which would require removing and opening the broiler door itself to attach bolts from inside it; or (2) replacing the original screws, but adding a strong adhesive to more or less permanently attach the door to its brackets -- the simpler solution. I'm not sure if I can open the door to get at the innards to attach bolts, so the question is: are there high-heat adhesives for such a purposem that could withstand 600+ degrees of heat over prolonged periods? Any recommendations appreciated, thanks.
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:02:06 GMT, TheWayoftheWarrior

pop-rivets (???)
snipped-for-privacy@at.us wrote in wrote:

There are "pop-rivets" that leave behind threaded inserts for bolts. Harbor Freight has them,I'm sure they're available elsewhere,too.
High heat would affect Lock-Tite,too.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Loctite. If they are stripped, go to the next larger size and use Loctite.

What the heck are you cookin' at 600 degrees? I didn't even know that normal ovens could get that hot.
wrote in

Self cleaning exceeds 700. I do pizza at 500 or so.

That's how you make good pizza. SHove the thing in there and set the oven to self-clean....

Mine locks closed at a certain temperature. The pizza would be very well done by the time it cools enough to release.

Have you talked to the landlord? If it's relatively new, there may still be a warranty. GE might be able to fix it if it's a defect. Even if it isn't, GE may be able to tell you the prefered way to fix it.
There are high-temperature glues, but they can be very expensive and hard to get.
Don't fix it without the landlord being consulted. I never liked the results when one of my tenants decided to "fix" something.
Mike