Hiding places

Page 1 of 6
http://www.scribd.com/doc/8401774/The-Construction-of-Secret-Hiding-Places
Using a wall outlet box with a telephone jack cover is a pretty good one.

Too bad they didn't know where to hide a functioning server.
"Scribd is down as of 16:14 EDT for maintenance."
nb
--
Definition of objectivism:
"Eff you! I got mine."

Take a storage box about the size of a VCR tape box, and screw the lid to the bottom of a table/desk or the inside of a closet so the hinge side is down.

I don't think the beer can safes are very "safe." Ajax cleaner under the sink looks decent.
--
Vic

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:13:53 -0500, Vic Smith

Anything that is portable doesn't seem as good as being attached. Rigging up a plumbing pipe to look like a clean out port seems really easy and very inconspicuous.
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:13:53 -0500, Vic Smith

For sure. The guy might want a beer. Or a coke. Even if they're warm. After all he can put it in the fridge to get cold.

Lest we forget Paul Bernardo's secret hiding place for his morbid video tapes: the recessed light fixtures in the bathroom (or any light fixture).
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:29:28 -0700 (PDT), GoogaICQ

Wasn't the heat there hard on video tapes?

I can only guess that he shoved them a fair bit over to the side, away from the light.

There are literally hundreds of places to hide things. If you can get in during construction you can do some very interesting things. If you want a hidden compartment much deeper than 3.5", be sure you can't see both sides of the wall without walking around a corner or two so the extra depth of the wall is not as apparent.
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:34:06 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

And be sure a "trusted" loved one knows about your stash. Otherwise it could belong to the guy replacing the drywall 20 years down the road.
--
Vic

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:49:09 -0500, Vic Smith

I thought of that too. I have a folder in my stuff with my only sister's name on it. It lists my bank accounts and were I keep my safety deposit key and the location of anything interesting.
I was thinking about maybe passwords, but I haven't done that yet. Since all my bills (and credit card payment) come directly out of my checking account I told her the first thing she should do is close my checking account.
On 08/20/2012 04:49 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

If your "trusted loved one" didn't take it first.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:34:06 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

IN the houser I grew up in, there were drawers in the hall. My brother's closet was behind them but there was a couple feet of empty space and when we went out of town I would crawl in where the lowest drawer went and hide stuff. We got it out just in time, because eventually I was t oo big to get in there!

To run some wires, yesterday I had to remove the decorative covering from the sides of my car's trunk and I realized there are a lot of good places to hide things behind it.
Now I'm trying to think of something to hide!!

The dog will still smell it ;-)
On Aug 20, 11:15pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

And the cops and dopers know all about it.
Harry K

Crap ! ! ! You just reminded me, I traded my car in two weeks ago and a house key was hidden in it. I use that key probably once a year to get in.
Hope the buyer doesn't find the key, and come visit you?

Crap ! ! ! You just reminded me, I traded my car in two weeks ago and a house key was hidden in it. I use that key probably once a year to get in.
On 08/21/2012 07:40 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[snip]

With your name and address on a tag attached to the key?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us