Hide or get scratches out of laminate floor?

Hide or get scratches out of laminate floor Anyone with experience. Floor is less than three years old. TIA

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Answered myself via google

Reply to
LouB

Not sure if vinyl or wood.

Reply to
Phisherman

replying to LouB, Karen M. wrote: When my son and his dog moved in with us, we were dismayed at the horrible scratch damage his dog created on our brand new Pergo floors. We have two dachshunds that move around the house at a slow pace. Our son's dog, runs through the house sliding across the floor, skidding happily after doing a full twirl. So this is an ongoing problem. Scratches are part of the beauty of aged hardwood, but laminate scratches can quickly tear through that pretty topcoat. To fix the scratches I have used Rejuvenate products and it has done a good job. There are several items you will need and most are readily available at Home Depot. You will need: Rejuvenate Floor Cleaner, Rejuvenate Floor Repair Markers, Rejuvenate All Floors Restorer, A Swiffer Duster or Swiffer Duster/Vacuum. TO Prepare: First sweep the floor with the swiffer duster/vacuum. I prefer to use a swiffer duster/vacuum because it picks up tiny particles that get trapped in the grooves of laminate VERY WELL. Next, lightly mop the floor with water. This helps to pull that last bit of dust out of those grooves. Once it is dry, swiffer it again. Why? Because no matter how thorough the cleaning job, there is always a corner or row of flooring that still has dust and you really don't want to seal that inside your finished layer. I've done tons of floors with these products and if you skimp on the cleaning part you will have a "fog" sealed into the floor when it all dries. Now you're ready to fix the scratches. Begin by using the marker that best fits the color of your floor in an inconspicuous place to make sure you are using the marker that best matches your floor. After selecting the best match, continue to use the marker in areas where the scratches are deepest. After the marker is dry, finish with Rejuvenate Floor Restore. Floor restore must be used sparingly. Directions call for working in a

4 x 4 area at a time. I found that to be too large. If you try standing four feet out from a corner and squeeze a generous amount on the floor it will splatter and leave dots under the wax. It has worked best for me when I stay within a 3 x 3 area and bend over close to the floor and GENTLY squeeze a small amount of product onto the floor. Too much product will leave a pasty finish. Not enough? After everything dries you can clearly see spots you missed and can go back and put a thin coat over that part. Be sure to start in the farthest corner of the room and work your way out of the room otherwise you will be waxing footprints into the floor. It is beautiful when done properly. Maintenance can be done every three to six months.
Reply to
Karen M.