Hidden camera clock

Page 1 of 2
My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her house when she is gone.
I have suggested she use a camera clock I have seen on the Internet. Can someone that has used one suggest features to look for?
I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

When you did a google search using the same words as your subject line, what did you find?
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:48:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

-- Oren

Why does she think that?

A Nanny Cam doesn't alway have to be in a clock.

Or time laspe. Is she tech savy?
-- Oren

Super Circuits has clocks with motion recorders for about 400 but you have an AC plug comming out of it and its a commercial style, they have what looks like a motion sensor for maybe 150 with a memory card. there is a new one out that looks like a table radio that is cheaper, Google around. You record then put the memory card in the computer most.

Are they or is she just paranoid?

Why all the cloak and dagger stuff? How about changing the locks on the doors and the combination on the garage door remote keypad (if present)?
Is her intent to IDENTIFY the intruders or to keep them out?
With a "camera clock" (huh?), she may photograph an intruder but what then?

There are such devices in hunting supply catalogs. They are expensive and NOT unobtrusive when activated. (Translation: The device's presence is revealed when it "goes off". The intruder would simply then steal the device.)
She needs to contact her local law enforcement agency or mental health professional.
--
:)
JR

Jim Redelfs wrote:

untrustworthy.
relatives or neighbors. I just threw out keys to three other people's homes that were given to me long ago to check house while they were gone or to look in on elderly friend. If someone is coming in when they are not authorized, it is certainly a good idea to get proof and then deal with it or ease worries ... cheaper than a shrink and much more conclusive.

you can buy security cams at WalMart,that send to a PC for storage and playback. some of them have "motion sensor" software.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Try a game camera, you can get them for $75 on ebay and they will take pictures of moving warm objects. When you are done you can sell it for most of what you paid for it.
Try www.X10.com
--
"shut up and keep diggen"
Jerry
"Terry" < snipped-for-privacy@charter.net> wrote in message
Micro* wrote:

on orders from the insurance agent or something.
Life is too short for family dramas.
aem sends....

You just won the "Keep It Simple" award for today. :-)

If it's only 1 person doing the comings and goings, then the others who don't should have keys.
Another thing, my mother in law says people come in her house and "switch" things. For example, they switch wood supports in the basement, furnace ducts, hubcaps on the car, her nice coat. She says they're replaced with different things. Once her toilet flushed on it's own. She said that there was a man on the roof with a wire that connected to the handle, and he flushed it.

Show her this. http://video.yahoo.com/watch/147379
Marina wrote:

You probably already know this, deep down, but if your MIL is saying stuff like that with a straight face (versus just yanking your chain), she should not be living alone, and she definitely should not be driving. Time for a complete physical checkup for her, to rule out chemical problems, and then a family meeting to discuss what to do next.
-- aem sends...

Please tell her I am sorry. I didn't mean to alarm her. I was just doing a neighborhood check to insure all toilets were working.
Tim
Lose some weight, Santa.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Marina wrote:

Heh! I once complained to a girlfriend that someone had broken into my house and replaced virtually all my stuff with other stuff that looked exactly like my original stuff! I went into great detail ("They didn't know about the scratch on the bottom of the night-stand drawer...").
I never heard from her again.
More stuff to be replaced.

X10 cameras used to be unreliable.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Terry wrote:

Here are 59 covert cams: http://www.supercircuits.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&CategoryG8
What are your plans to record the video? VHS... DVR??
Do you need low light / complete darkness capability?
And of course, what is the budget?
--

I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org