HF drill driver question

Yesterday, I had a failure of freshly charged battery for my 18 volt cordless impact driver: http://www.harborfreight.com/18-volt-cordless-14-in-hex-impact-driver-68853.html
Drill was purchased in January, and is out of 90 day warranty.
My choices seem to be either to buy another battery on sale for $15 or to send this one to Primecell, and pay them $48 plus shipping both way to rebuild it.
At this moment, I'm thinking to pitch the dead battery, or maybe save it to cut apart for parts. Likely most of the internal cells are good. Do some swapping out parts, at some future date.
What's the collective wisdom? Pitch it out and be done with it?

Is it worth spending any time on a $15 18v battery that fails in less than one year?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On 10/30/2014 3:30 PM, Don Phillipson wrote:

one open. I've marked the potentially bad battery, see if this happens again. It will.
--
.
Christopher A. Young