HEPA Air return filters

I have allergies. I also have HEPA stand alone air cleaners in my living room and bedroom.

During the spring I can be outside and be MISERABLE from the pollen and whatnot, but can step into my room with a HEPA air cleaner going and almost instantly get relief!

Why is that?

Why do hospitals have HEPA air filters?

Why do airplanes have HEPA air filters?

Bill

DOH!! Ya' got me!

I, who've worked with/around HEPA filters for years, couldn't possibly know as much as you, who, with the irrefutable qualification of having absolutely NO experience whatsoever with HEPA filters, disagrees with my "opinion". I'm sure all ahr readers will gladly bow to your overwhelmingly superior logic in this matter. Yeah, verily, Jim has spoken. Go forth and buy HEPA!!

nb

Reply to
notbob

Why do people get relief from copper bracelets and magnetic insoles? Ask Jim. He knows all.

Why do hospitals perform unnecesarry Cesarean sections for child delivery? Ask Jim, The Wise.

Are airplanes tightly controlled/closed environments?

Why are you asking me? Jim has roundly trounced my mere "opinion" and is obviously the one you should be consulting.

nb

Reply to
notbob

You seem to be confusing "HEPA filter" with "clean room". HEPA filters are used in clean rooms, but they are also used elsewhere. The use of a HEPA filter alone does not make the environment a "clean room", nor does an environment which is not a "clean room" mean that the filter used there is not a "HEPA filter".

Reply to
Pete C.

I'm sure you know a whole lot more than e about clean rooms & the HEPA filters necessary to maintain them.

What I'm questioning is your ability to read [the OP isn't trying to build a clean room], or to imagine that there might be a different use for something you're familiar with.

I have asked twice now-- I'll go for a third time- What part of the IEST RP-CC001.5 that outlines the qualifications needed to be called a HEPA filter, do the furnace filters sold as HEPA filters *not* comply with? [is it my dangling participle that is annoying you? I've tried to rebuild the sentence & maintain some clarity- but that darned participle always ends up at the end. forgive me.]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

....and Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaners really do use real steam to clean your carpet. Ionic filters work, too.

No, seriously, I am completely WRONG and you should all go out and buy pallets of alleged HEPA filters for your house and your car and your bird cage and ash tray and coffee maker and whatever the Hell else they're making them for these days. Lords know you gotta capture those microscopic pathogens no bigger than 0.00003" while clouds of particles ten thousand times bigger are wafting through every window, door, vent, hole, crack, etc in your house. Buy the really really expensive ones. They work even better. Jinkies!

nb

Reply to
notbob

Why do you keep asking me? Are you too stupid to extrapolate this information yourself. YOU tell ME!! Or are you jes sharpening your passive-aggresive skills?

nb

Reply to
notbob

Just get an Air Bear, Honywell, or April Air 4"media MERV 10, thats about as good as it gets and all you need.

Reply to
ransley

Where do you buy those filters? I have an ideal spot to install one, and have been thinking about just that.

Reply to
Bob F