HEPA Air return filters

Page 2 of 2

I'm sure you know a whole lot more than e about clean rooms & the HEPA filters necessary to maintain them.
What I'm questioning is your ability to read [the OP isn't trying to build a clean room], or to imagine that there might be a different use for something you're familiar with.
I have asked twice now-- I'll go for a third time- What part of the IEST RP-CC001.5 that outlines the qualifications needed to be called a HEPA filter, do the furnace filters sold as HEPA filters *not* comply with? [is it my dangling participle that is annoying you? I've tried to rebuild the sentence & maintain some clarity- but that darned participle always ends up at the end. forgive me.]
Jim

Why do you keep asking me? Are you too stupid to extrapolate this information yourself. YOU tell ME!! Or are you jes sharpening your passive-aggresive skills?
nb

Hepa are not regular furnace add ons. MERV 8- 10 - 12 are common, mine is a 4" MERV 10, its not hepa and is not advertised Hepa, Hepa is overkill for a home furnace.

I have allergies. I also have HEPA stand alone air cleaners in my living room and bedroom.
During the spring I can be outside and be MISERABLE from the pollen and whatnot, but can step into my room with a HEPA air cleaner going and almost instantly get relief!
Why is that?
Why do hospitals have HEPA air filters?
Why do airplanes have HEPA air filters? http://le-bozec.donaldson.com/Donaldson_HEPA_filter_Influenza_facts.pdf

Why do people get relief from copper bracelets and magnetic insoles? Ask Jim. He knows all.

Why do hospitals perform unnecesarry Cesarean sections for child delivery? Ask Jim, The Wise.

Are airplanes tightly controlled/closed environments?
Why are you asking me? Jim has roundly trounced my mere "opinion" and is obviously the one you should be consulting.
nb

Just get an Air Bear, Honywell, or April Air 4"media MERV 10, thats about as good as it gets and all you need.

Did you come up with this idea yourself, or did you read/hear about it somewhere?

Unless you are willing to install the millions of dollars in equipment that it will take to provide you with HEPA filter quality clean room air, you will not find anything like you seek in the common commercial market. Your house will not qualify as being airproof enough to meet HEPA clean room standards.
In place of that, just buy the air filters with the smallest micron size, and make sure they are changed regularly, and that the rest of the system is tight.
This is overkill and expensive in most cases, unless a respiratory or neurotic condition is present.
Steve

Yikes! Another HEPA heretic.
nb