helping others

You're the one who's claiming something. You're the one who has something to prove. Nobody has shown ANY evidence of such a thing, let alone proof.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

there have been lots of reports over the years of people near dead who were aware of exact things that occured.

Honestly I dont care if anyone believes me or not. what matters is I believe:)

Reply to
hallerb

Reply to
newfysnapshot

How old are you?!?! You do good things because it is right; not because you will be rewarded. If you have to be paid for "charity" by rewards, you a just a w**re. And that is nothing to be proud of.

Reply to
Toller

I've always done it that way.

That KITA (Kick In The Ass, rewards & punishments) thing may have been created to manipulate ignorant slaves.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Wise up!! I don't expect a reward from anyone here on earth. The Good Lord will give me my reward when he calls me home.

Reply to
Dave

"Dave" wrote

Boy, are you going to hear some crap for that remark!

BTW, I agree with you, and believe in God.

Trouble is, there are those who shriek that there is no God, and that people who believe are idiots for believing.

Well, if there is no God, and we all go back to billions of bits of carbon stardust after our deaths, then it is a dead subject. What we do or don't do doesn't matter according to that philosophy.

BUT, if there is a God, those who choose not to believe are in for some grief.

True non-believers don't shriek about it. Those who have doubts, or who really deep down believe but won't obey God shriek the loudest, just like those who whistle while they walk down a dark street to keep from peeing their pants. They don't want to face the unknown.

Get into a foxhole, or into ICU and see how many true atheists there are.

We make our own living heavens and hells. If we are a good person, we are usually surrounded by other good people. Friends, family, coworkers, associates, etc. Yes, we will encounter the evil people, but our little fishbowl universe has mostly other good people in it. We do good because it is the thing to do so that the person receiving the good might pass it along to others, and the whole pond is affected by one small pebble. If people would just try to do the right thing, the world would improve greatly in one day.

Same way with bad people. If you are a bad person, your world of friends (and I use that term loosely), associates, and other runners and gunners are bad, too. These "friends" are around when there's something to be had, but you can't count on them to come to your aid at two in the morning.

Believe what you want, people. You're the one who will have to stand up to the final audit. How will you do?

And if there is no God, no Heaven, no Hell, look around you. How's your life? Do you like your "friends"? Are good things happening, or does everything bad happen and is "everyone out to get you"?

Life is nothing more than choices. The afterlife is too.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

No matter what you believe what goes around comes around is a good thing to remember.

why not do some good today, tomorrow you might need some help///////

Reply to
hallerb

Many non-beleivers just admit that the word "God" doesn't represent anything. There is nothing there to shriek about.

There is still not even one bit of evidence for those absurd ideas. "supernatural", like it's synonym "magic" is an excuse to get out of admitting you don't know something.

And considering morality, most people behave morally not because of religion, but in spite of it. That "bible" seldom even mentions morals, and when it does that person is severely punished. The "holey babble" is about SLAVERY and IGNORANCE.

Reply to
NotX

"NotX" wrote

I have no "evidence" that the Statue of Liberty, exists. I have never seen it. Photos, like NASA claiming they went to the moon and back, can be falsified. But I still believe The Statue of Liberty exists.

Again, son. Believe what you will. If you are right, you're right. If you are wrong, you are wrong. It's a simple thing.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Of course, there are a lot of differences, such as:

Descriptions of the Statue of Liberty aren't absurd nonsense.

The existence of the Statue of Liberty does not conflict with known reality.

There is no inverse correlation between belief in the Statue of Liberty and intelligence.

No one is being threatened with "eternal" torture for not believing in the Statue of Liberty.

Believers in the Statue of Liberty don't have regular meetings, where they act like idiots, and insist you do too.

Although I choose to behave rationally and not delusionally.

Reply to
NotX

Although this topic should be taken elsewhere, I cannot resist a response to your comments about choosing to behave rationally. Every one of your differences is really NOT a difference at all. I could spell it out, but as said -- this should go elsewhere. --Phil

Reply to
Phil Munro

You don't have to convince me. Believe whatever you want.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Let me make it easy. The next time you see "helping others" in your list of posts, just skip on by.

HTH

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"wanting to believe" sounds like you're confusing your imagination with the world around you. It's dishonest.

Of course, if it's true about you, it explains a lot.

Reply to
NotX

I suppose it SHOULD.

That explains a lot. It helps show the extent of the delusion.

OR, are YOU threatening eternal torture for failure to worship the Statue of Liberty? :-)

And I suppose there's no difference between champagne and fresh manure either :-)

Reply to
NotX

A girl in her 20's or 30's approached me outside a fast food restaurant. Wanted money iirc. I offered her one of my two sandwiches. She took it gladly and when I looked back, she was eating it.

Another guy wanted change for the bus, and I didn't have any. He said I coudl change money at the gas station. OK. As we went in, he said he was going to get something, while I got the change. I said, if you have 3 dollars why am I giving you change for the bus? "So I can ride the bus and still have what I'm about to buy." was the gist of his answer. I left.

Last time I was in downtown Baltimore, around the Sheridan etc., the story was that they went to the Orioles game, and missed the last MARC train back to DC, so they had to buy a bus ticket to DC, or something like that. Or the car broke down, and they needed to take the MARC to DC. Maybe that was it.

People used to ask for a dime, a quarter with inflation, but now they have these elaborate stories to get 10 or 20 dollars.

I really don't like giving stuff in my own n'hod because it will encourage panhandling in my own n'hood. Eelsewhere is a bit different. But I evaluate the stories for the possibility of truth.

Reminds me of the crippled guy panhandling outside of Grand Central Station. A woman gave him some money and said "It must be terrible to be crippled." He answered, "Yes it is, Ma'am. But it was worse when I was blind. People kept giving me slugs."

mm

That one does get me. People try to get me interested in their religions. They tell me that God spoke to them and told them what the truth was.

So if their god wants me to change, let him come and get me, like he did for them. Why do they get Him and I only get them. What am I, chopped liver?

mm

I think in an earlier thread, I wrote about locking myself out of my car on Christmas, while 700 miles from home and 50 miles from the people I was visiting. While I was at a store looking for a coat hanger, a locksmith volunteered to open my car, and he did so and refused money, and he did a better job than I would have, and much quicker. about a minute or 2.

mm

Of course, God has consistently failed to show up. maybe he could tell me what this "soul" junk is supposed to mean. Maybe it has something to do with people who are unable to do good without being manipulated by this big bully.

[snip, since I know this isn't email]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd