Help with Whirlpool tub - cleaning

Just picked up a used house with a HUGE aquatic brand whirlpool / Jacuzzi type tub.
Looks great, filled it up turned it on works fine, however after running it a few mins and turning pump off the water is all brown. Previous owners said they never used it.
I jumped online and found a solution of 3/4 cup bleach and a bit of non foaming soap run thru the tub may help.
I have run the tub well over 10 times now, and at least 5 times with the bleach and soap option (then after that run with clear water to remove any residue of bleach etc) yet still when I run those jets for a few mins the tub water turns brown.
Is there anyway I can stop this from happening?? I keep fillin it up and runnin it , even adding the bleach and soap on a few cycles thinking its GOTTA get cleaner doing this but so far nope, just keeps coming out brown.
Wondered if anyone has experience in this and or how I might be able to fix it?
Thought about going and getting one of those long fishtank tube cleaner things (looks like a big baby bottle cleaner on flexible metal rod) and going into the lines with that to see if i could clean them out that way??
Just curious what you all might suggest I try next, tub looks amazing and has LOTS of room and power just can't seem to get that brown water stuff to stop once you turn jets on even after many repeated refills of the tub including at least 5 of the bleach cycle fill and runs of it, still coming out brown....
Thanks for any info or advice, i can't even figure out where the pumps are, they must be under the house cuz the tub is all encased in tile,
Bill

Tell your wife to shower before she gets in....

Jacuzzi
never
and
Did not use it.,,,,,,,, YEA RIGHT....
I installed one just recently. Any commerical bath salt product that has glycern in it turns my water brown. Does not matter if I shower first or not.
I use a half gallon of bleach with the tub water over the jets enough to prevent splashing. Right after every 3 session. I pour the bleach in while the water is still warm and let run for 3-5 minutes, then drain.
I make my own bath salts now. Epson Salt from the Grocery store, a bit of baking soda and less that an cap full of gylcern. Once in awhile the bubbles turn a bit brown.
No one ever mentioned that these were so hard to clean. Would not have mattered for me, I still would have installed it.
Code generally requires the pump to be accessible for maintenance.
If you carefully check the the tiles, you may find that the grout around one or two of them is softer than the rest. That's because it's not grout; it's sanded caulk. Cut these tiles out with box knife and that's your access. They may even be on hinges. Our builder mounted them on magnets.
Before trying again to remove the brown stuff, it might be a good idea to find out what it is. Collect a sample, look at the particles. Is it silt? Flakes of rust? Does it smell?
My first guess would have been to use clorox to kill bacteria, mold, and mildew, then flush, but that obviously didn't work. It'd be nice to know what the heck you're trying to remove before just dumping random chemicals in the tub.
Bill wrote:

as for access, if you have a room that shares a wall with the tub, check the wall in that room for removable access panels too. Our tub has such a pump and it's accessed from the next room through a hole in the wall that's covered with drywall and molding.
I'm still trying to clean *mine*. My crud is waxy brown/black chunks, a local spa place recommended some "super bleach", a bleach powder that you're supposed to use at a 1 teaspoon-to-several-hundred-gallons ratio, its used to clean spas in between water changes.
I haven't had a chance to use it yet. It has multiple warnings on it about story in a dry place, else it can catch on fire. Its supposed to be potent stuff, I joked with the spa folks about using 1/2 the little bottle at a time, and they almost didn't sell it to me.
Dave
Jacuzzi had a settlement over uncleanable whirlpools. It was a dumb deal. Basically with new instructions and recommended chemicals. You might want to check their site. I think it was a liquid automatic dishwasher detergent. Or a commerically sold whirpool formular was also recommended.

MAXX recommends dishwashing detergent as the primary cleaner also.
Bill wrote:

Maybe it's rust, in which case the bleach would just make it worse.
I had that exact thought...
Bill, are you on public water or well water? Do you know of any rust problems with your other fixtures in your house? chlorine bleach will definitely turn water with dissolved iron instantly brown with rust, that may be what you're seeing.
Ahh I didn't know this,,,
I AM on well water, haven't noticed any brown in sinks or anything with full fills, even tub full fill is clear (until i run the pumps) but then again ive done like 5 cycles of bleach that could be still sitting in the lines, I was told amonia is something to try, was just seeing the lines looked a bit brownish at openings and when turned on water goes brown so figured lines were full of gunk etc, but it could be the bleach/well water combo...
I think I am gonna try some amonia in it and possibly some of that store stuff specifically for cleaning whirlpool tubs
http://www.ariesspas.com/extras%20store/ex..._swirlaway.html
btw i did find the access area, its actually on the shared wall but different room (utility room) in the back of a closet there is a removable panel, i doubt I ever would have found that, the way its positioned there is a shelf above it so you have to get down on hands and look inward to see panel even...but at least i know where it is now...
Bill :)

Make absolutely sure you've flushed the bleach out before using ammonia! Ammonia + chlorine can have a few very bad effects:
depending on the ratio of ammonia and bleach you could get:
chlorine gas - toxic and painful
nitrogen trichloride - toxic, explosive
hydrazine - toxic, also a component of rocket fuel (note this reaction also creates heat, sometimes enough to ignite the mixture)
A quick and interesting test to see if you have iron in your water is to put some chlorine bleach (only works with chlorine bleach) in the toilet bowl or in any standing water from the tap - it'll quickly turn brown from dissolved iron turning to rust. Though, if you don't have rust stains on your sinks and tubs, it's probably not present in your water.